Any project with PCM1704

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Reply for method

Hi,

I have 4 PCM1704U-J and JLSound I2SoverUSB board.
I2SoverUSB - I2S over USB Audio

My plan is make a reference DAC which Non-Oversampling, full balanced , XLR and SE two type outputs.

First this circuit base from pavouk.org then returned to balanced type.Can it useable with this way, what is your opinion about circuit? According to this circuit could you recommend a reference I/V Converter, LP filter output? It could be discrete design maybe a transformer. Or these OPA627 and OPA2134P output acceptable for a reference grade?

Also i'm not sure how can i convert XLR outputs to SE outputs, what is best methods for that?

You can try my schematic, this is good method for you!

Attachments

• 6B159DA0-8028-4571-B257-58D4E5DDD56E.jpg
    6B159DA0-8028-4571-B257-58D4E5DDD56E.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 597
Hi,

I continue the circuit drawing but have one question to members.I very confused.

First i try to explain circuit. There are a switch circuit between USB and other inputs.When USB close it will connect directly to the PCM1704 side.When SPDIF/Optical input close, it will connect to buffer and bit delay circuit then goes to PCM1704 side.As i know there is no other choise for that.

Then i saw DDDAC notes during my research.They use delay data half clock cycle.My question ;

Do i have to use this half delay circuit or my circuit is enough ?

DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC - Non Oversampling DAC with PCM1794 - no digital filter - modular design DIY DAC for high resolution audio 192/24 192kHz 24bit
http://www.dddac.com/documents/dddac1794pbt_nos_ver51.pdf

Best Regards

Attachments

• DAC1704.pdf
    844.6 KB · Views: 207
  • DAC1704.png
    DAC1704.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 606
Do you have a finished PCM1704 dac board or it is in progress?

Actually I know the JL Sound board it is great but if I want to use better oscillators like CRYSTEK CCHD-957 I have to buy additional board from JL Sound for them.

In this china board the oscillators can be replaced easily.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.