New project 1megasample/second PC USB scope project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After my previous project to build a USB scope with a PIC18F4550 worked well I have decided to move on a bit and make a faster scope.
The PIC18F4550 managed 460,000 samples per second after some gentle persuasion.
I managed to find a faster PIC with a faster a2d which is about 1.1 megasamples per second. Its 32 bit PIC32.
So I designed the circuit which was pretty much the same as before but this time allowed for a PIC32 running at 3V3.
Microchip do a system called Harmony where you graphically add drivers for different PIC subsystems and it writes the code for you. It even sets up the ports from your pin assignments. The PIC is very flexible and most of the pins have multi functions.
I managed to write the application layer for the USB driver but haven't tested it yet as I have no hardware yet.
The A2D was fairly straightforward but might need some tweaking to get top speed out of it.
Just waiting for a pcb now from China.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.