Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

lingDAC - cost effective RBCD multibit DAC design
lingDAC - cost effective RBCD multibit DAC design
lingDAC - cost effective RBCD multibit DAC design Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM   #581
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelopidas View Post
... I have learned with electronics is that it is part science and part magic. ...
... for you. No magic, just lack of knowledge

//
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM   #582
abraxalito is offline abraxalito  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic' - Arthur C. Clarke
Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM   #583
laserscrape is offline laserscrape
diyAudio Member

for everyone you mean
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #584
sumotan is offline sumotan  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
... for you. No magic, just lack of knowledge

//
Wow looks like we've got a Guru here
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #585
pelopidas is offline pelopidas  United States
diyAudio Member

@TNT My neighbor is an electrical engineer at a nuclear power station near me and we have fun talking about circuits. He thinks like you do. If a circuit requires 10uf then 10uf is what makes it work. And I agree. If I need to replace a capacitor in my garage door opener then I replace it with whatever voltage and capacitance it requires. BUT, and as you can see it is a big but, audio is a weird animal where the technical measurements and the human measurements do not always align. How do you measure perceived width of a sound stage? How do you measure instrument location? There is a huge difference between a Panasonic FC and an Elna Silmic. It is not esr and esl and capacitance. There is a certain je ne sais quoi that you have to play with. The materials themselves have a sound. I know the sound of silver mica, the same way I know how Niobium sounds or Panasonic FC.

This is why you look at one woman and you respond positively, while towards another you don't. They both measure as "women" and can perform the essential functions of "women" and looking at government statistics they might be indistinguishable and interchangable, but there is a difference....

lingDAC - cost effective RBCD multibit DAC designHide this!Advertise here!