Experience with Wondom Sure DSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't think you'll find a DSP board with this chip for cheaper....

I've done a couple of projects with these boards, no problems sofar. You will need to learn how to use Sigmastudio though.

Attachments

• Cube 1.jpg
    Cube 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,008
  • Cube 2.jpg
    Cube 2.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 987
  • Cube 3.jpg
    Cube 3.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 965
Looks like an interesting project, especially the daughter board on top of the Sure ADAU1701 board. Any link to the project?
I don't have a thread about the project on here, I did post it on a dutch DIY audio forum though.

The board ontop of the DSP board is a cheap PCM5102 DAC. The Hypex UcD32MP I used needs an input buffer with gain. The PCM5102 DAC had a bit more output gain than the onboard DAC so I cheated by using that and not implementing an input buffer with gain.

I have two Sure/Wondom adau1701 boards with their programmer. I'm running SigmaStudio on a mac with Parallels and can load custom programs onto the boards, which I combine for an 8 channel setup by splitting the analog inputs. I'm wondering if the Sure "ICP3" programming board can also program ADAU1452 boards not from Sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_143707.jpg
    IMG_20190504_143707.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 622
If one want to use the wondom ICP3 wireless over wifi from the computer i can share a solution i tried today.
by using this firmware Hardware | VirtualHere on a GL-MT300N-V2 / Mango - GL.iNet i made a wireless usb port that works with Sigma Studio.
I have made a proof of concept test plugging in and out the programer a couple times and uploaded a design to the eeprom. Seems stable.

The cute little router have about the same footprint as the wondom boards to, so a compact battery powered solution can be made if one want to sit in the comfort of the sofa and update the Adau1701 boards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.