sa 9023 replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I'm a rookie in the field of electronics, so please bear with me. My problem is the following: I have a TOPPING D3 DAC, connected to my PC via USB port, which worked and sounded just great until a few days ago when all of a sudden it failed. In Device Manager, when connected to USB 3.0 port, drivers are installed, but the device is marked as "Unknown device" and does not appear in the "Sound" section. If connected to USB 2.0 port, there is an attempt at drivers installation but it is unsuccessful, in Device Manager it's marked as "USB composite device" with "Code10" error : "This device cannot start". I don't have any source with digital outs, so I connected the DAC to an old tape deck via the analog RCA in/outs and it worked. So with my limited knowledge I presumed that the USB receiver chip (Bravo SA9023) was the culprit. I can have the chip replaced, but will the new chip need programming or it is a sort of "plug and play" operation? Do I have to replace the respective EEPROM (AT24C08B) too? I'm sorry for the long post, but I can't manage without external help. Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for the suggestion. I've considered this as an option, but would prefer to not add another link to the chain. I'm afraid it will degrade sound quality to a certain degree. Or not? I would still opt for the SA9023 replacement and if it needs programming and I fail at it then I will follow your advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.