Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

ES9038Q2M Board
ES9038Q2M Board
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #3031
terry22 is offline terry22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw4 View Post
Hi terry22,
Haven't heard from you for awhile. Don't know if I scared you off with LT1763 modding or not? If so, no reason to give up. I'm sure something can be worked out for beginners that will be satisfactory.
Hi Mark,
Sorry for being silent.
I was pretty busy at work for the last 3 weeks...
I received at the end of last week the ak4137, the xmos and my new 1.07 board.

AK4137 is working ok except for some dsd files. (btw which filter do you use?)

Does the xmos need a psu or is it feed by the usb cable?
(Till now, I always used I2s)

I got my new clock I will try to solder it on a old 1.04 board I have in order to train myself and not ruining the new board.

I'm still waiting for the prototype boards.
Do you have a mouser reference for the copper foil?
It looks that there is hundred of them and I don't know which one to buy.

Hope the mods went well.
I have several pages of the thread to read to catch up.

Last edited by terry22; Yesterday at 01:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #3032
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Terry,
XMOS is powered by USB.

Thing about soldering your new clock to your old 1.04 board, if it works that means you are going to be upgrading the 1.04 board for all the mods then, if that is what you intend. You certainly don't want to solder the new clock to the old board, then unsolder it, the re-solder it to the new board.

You could remove and replace the original clock on the 1.04 board for practice if you want. Maybe the most important thing when unsoldering an old clock to take it gently and try not to scratch up the solder mask on the dac board while doing it since that helps the solder only stick where you want when it comes time to solder a clock back on as the next step. By the way, I did write some more recently about clock replacement soldering.

I don't have a Mouser reference for copper foil. I bought some using ebay and some from amazon.

Regarding AK4137 and playing DSD files, I haven't tried it and that could be a limitation of using it. It certainly seems to help with PCM files. Maybe there is some way to bypass AK4137 when playing native DSD files, haven't looked into it but maybe will have to.

Last edited by Markw4; Yesterday at 01:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM   #3033
terry22 is offline terry22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Terry,
XMOS is powered by USB.

Thing about soldering your new clock to your old 1.04 board, if it works that means you are going to be upgrading the 1.04 board for all the mods then, if that is what you intend. You certainly don't want to solder the new clock to the old board, then unsolder it, the re-solder it to the new board.

thank you! good to know
I was about to solder it on the old board for testing it.
I read your post about the clock. Very interesting.
When I unsoldered the clock on my old board it was pretty clean.
I will try to do the same on the new.

Problem with dsd files is fixed.
The problem was the rpi and SoX.
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #3034
Terry Demol is offline Terry Demol  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
As an update on harmonic distortion compensation adjusting software, I received some more information on Arta. I am planning to give it another try to see if I can get it to do what I want. If successful, I will describe the process here in the thread.
Mark,

I'm using Arta with EMU1212M. I wasn't aware of the bit depth restrictions of
the freeware version. I'll have to check that. It surprises me because I was
able to do decent loop through verification of 1212M performance and it
appeared to meet the spec.

This was a while ago, I'll see if I can get time to check this out again.

T
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #3035
Markw4 is offline Markw4  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Terry,
In the sound card setup the unlicensed version has a grayed out setting for wav bit depth, which is locked at 16-bits. I don't know if it only applies to in relation to reading and writing wav files. If only files, then the signal generator and spectrum display depth may be 24-bit.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #3036
Terry Demol is offline Terry Demol  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Terry,
In the sound card setup the unlicensed version has a grayed out setting for wav bit depth, which is locked at 16-bits. I don't know if it only applies to in relation to reading and writing wav files. If only files, then the signal generator and spectrum display depth may be 24-bit.
OK, I don't remember that, will check it out.

In the meantime, have a look at this one:

AUDio MEasurement System download | SourceForge.net

cheers

T

ES9038Q2M BoardHide this!Advertise here!