DSP Streamer-Amp Roon Endpoint

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, been a while since I’ve been here. Got a new project I’m going to be working on, so I figured I would contribute (and also get the awesome feedback this community gives).

Basically, the project will be an all-in-one streamer box. I use Roon, so I’m going to make it a Roon-compatible endpoint using Roon Bridge for Raspberry Pi.

I’m a fan of DSP for room correction and loudspeaker response tuning, so there’ll be a MiniDSP 2x4HD in the box acting as DSP and DAC.

Amplification will be via a Sure 100w, 2ch module.

Roughly,

Roon server -> (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) -> Raspberry Pi -> (USB) -> MiniDSP 2x4HD -> (Coaxial/RCA) -> Sure 100w*2 -> (Speaker Cable) -> Loudspeakers

Power will be a Meanwell 12v SMPS, 200w. I’ll use a DC-DC regulated supply for the Raspberry Pi, and the 12v direct for MiniDSP 2x4HD and Sure 100w*2.

I got one of the 2U Galaxy cases from the diyaudio.com store (nice quality, btw).

Will post pictures as I make progress. Any feedback or input welcome... I have the gear to do the above already, but nothing is actually done, so I am open to modifications or changing course.

Update and pic dump:
- Most assembly complete, now down to wiring, then programming.
- I still need to figure out how to address the RCA cabling. Rather than use the jacks, it seems I could desolder and run star quad cable between pins... anybody done that on these boards, or should I just use right-angle RCA to save trouble?
- I'm going to need to do something to prevent the power-on thump of DSP board. This might be a manual solution for now, then a 555 IC or something later.

This is where we're at so far...

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpg
    IMG_1771.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 102
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.