easyDAC = NOS R-2R AD1862 DAC + Headphone Amp

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I'm sure it's good, while my old discrete Yamaha X2 pre is a good mariage with my amp (but to be true I have the Muse digital volume chip in the toolbox to finish) ... I 'd like from too much years now, try a tube I/V... But the layout complexity with ground and air cables for tubes is almost a no go. Well and the whole is expensive with the power supplies for a pair of tubes ! the opa861 are 5V, few parts around and works wonderfully for that I/V purpose.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
yes, Vunce made one and you have the gerber on the thread if i remember. But take care of local decoupling as such oaps should not be on adaptators...

at the end it is also about what you have after till the speakers, opa1656 opa1612 (both double oap, adaptator exists too or opa1611 simple channel) worths a try too imho.

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I don't have this board but would assume the sound is very similar to Miro's dedicated DAC boards.

Vunce, I did a short comparison between the Easy DAC and the dedicated DAC (low drop PSU, jlsounds USB board, Burson V6c opamp and Allo USB bridge as a transport) - both via ACP+ head amp. It is really easy to prefer the dedicated DAC. More air, more reverberation, more natural, less noise (the noise one just become aware of after it has gone). Sorry to say that the dedicated DAC is just so good.

Cheers

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Is there an adaptetboard for 861? I once read about it and would like to try it for Miros AD1865 DAC.

Hi Ernest,
If your going to try a dedicated I/V output stage, I would highly recommend Pedja Rogic’s OPA861 circuit. The layout I had made loosely follows Pedja’s circuit, is not really an adapter board, it’s a full layout with onboard +/-5v LDO psu and all the required local decoupling. All SMD though :eek: Hehe!!
Check it out in Miro’s main DAC thread.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
@Miro I was able to complete the EasyDAC and installed LM6171 opamps. I have 16.8mVDC on one channel and 17.5mVDC on the other. I read a couple millivolts in your first post. Is this too much? If this was speakers I wouldn't worry, but I know very little about headphones.