easyDAC = NOS R-2R AD1862 DAC + Headphone Amp

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Miro, thank you! And, it is easily likeable.
I asked, because I think of an USB isolator. I always had some positive results with them in terms of noise, which was not noticable until it's fine. The one I have, is just able to deliver 200 mA and clearly not strong enough. I do not know me above 400 mA capability, at least without external powers.
I think, I have to measure exactly.
Have a good bank Holiday.
Cheer's, Ernst

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Thought, I need to show this :-D.
The sound is really enjoyable, yet in the end a pair of LM6171 or opa123 will find its place.

PXL_20210517_151211400.jpg

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Paddy,

I put the Bursons in just for fun :-D , and in order to see, if the USB bus has enough power for them. And yes, there is enough juice. They do sound great in this little headphone DAC - relaxed, yet detailled. The Burson easily betters the opa134, which I listened for some time up to now in this DAC. I opened the box in order to change the 134 vs. the LM6171 the gain some listening experience.

The Burson has its regular place in the AD1862 DAC and later this week I will do some serious listening comparison with my just 3 pairs of single opamps. In my drawer there is no opa627, so no chance for me to compare.

Thanks again for the great AD1862 GB :)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Surimi Sticks

Thanks for the big laugh Iggy - lol.

Ja, when I looked at the photo I also thougth, this has got a clean look. Especially after having to resolder the pcm2706 three times, the shift register at least once each and 3 of them twice, having to resolder and turn around the head amp chip and a few of the smd caps and the feedback resistors and caps - I think, therefor this is really a good result. Optically and soundwise.

On the one side this was somehow embarassing for me :confused: (and I must have had a bad day - for sure ;) ) yet on the other side I am very happy having this accompolished in that way - with help from you guys and some solder luck.

Have to say again, Miro has created a great little headphone DAC.

Cheers, Ernst

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Fantastic results Ernest! you will be very happy with the LM6171 and Burson's.
I don't have this board but would assume the sound is very similar to Miro's dedicated DAC boards.
If I'm using Miro's board with opamp I/V, I've settled on three "regular" opamps, LM6171, OPA627 and OPA1656(with adapter pcb) :D

Here you go, enjoy the real grade from me :D

(((#%(
,##(#%%
.(###%(
.(*,/(#
, .
.. #
(. .,(
@%##&@@
#/,....,//%/
%/,.... .,,*/#%
#/,.......,,/(%
%* %%((*.%%&,*%
%%%#*.,*,*(%&%#
%#.(miro1360,%%
%(%%%.,%#*,.#%%
&/.%,.&&. (#%&
&,%...**,..,&#&
&.%#//,%%,*/&#&
&.%%%&&&&&(&&(&
&**%%*(%%%%&&*&
#*,...,,,%,,*(%
&(*,.....,**(#&
%%#/,,*#/////#%

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Here you go, enjoy the real grade from me :D

(((#%(
,##(#%%
.(###%(
.(*,/(#
, .
.. #
(. .,(
@%##&@@
#/,....,//%/
%/,.... .,,*/#%
#/,.......,,/(%
%* %%((*.%%&,*%
%%%#*.,*,*(%&%#
%#.(miro1360,%%
%(%%%.,%#*,.#%%
&/.%,.&&. (#%&
&,%...**,..,&#&
&.%#//,%%,*/&#&
&.%%%&&&&&(&&(&
&**%%*(%%%%&&*&
#*,...,,,%,,*(%
&(*,.....,**(#&
%%#/,,*#/////#%

I often remove the first 4 lines... always not necessary :D !

1360 year's old grade... transylvania's bottle... uh !

Last edited: