XMOS I2S sound cutting off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I am fixing a buddys Audio GD dac/amp. It had an old Tenor chip that was not compatible with windows 10.

So I bought an XMOS board on ali. Just chose the one with most orders.

All markings on PCB were the same so it was an easy swap. And it works. Yay. But no. About the lenght of a song, it males a scratching noise for like a millisec and the dac stops olaying. Windows acts like everything is okay. I have to take out the USB cable and put it in again, and I buy myself some new time. Seems very random when it happens.

I tried setting windows to 24/192 and the dac stops playing faster.....

What is wrong here?

2 unused wires are separate gnd and 3.3V

20170729_172119.jpg

Joined 2004
Paid Member
All XMOS board run from -external- USB 5V?
IMHO it's not the best practice.

Why not use "5V" and "G" (right upper corner) from DAC?
At least use GND wire to the DAC GND (now all of the USB noise and the XMOS board noise travelling to the DAC's I2S input latch gnd pin).

Last edited:
When playing music, sound just stops after 30 seconds or less. VU meter in windows keeps going like nothing happened. Im thinking something is happening in the DAC chip? Since connecting GND worsened it, it must be noise issue? I thought the 5VDC wire was needed for usb handshake. I will try disconnecting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.