Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

low cost ADAU1452 china board..
low cost ADAU1452 china board..
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2017, 01:14 PM   #1
andreav is offline andreav  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default low cost ADAU1452 china board..

hello,

it's Andrea here, long time lurker and appreciating a lot this community. this is my first post, just registered to signal a China board i've not seen described here.

of course, i've not any economic interest in the vendor. i've just ordered one sample to check the quality because it looks like a compelling price! :-) i don't' know what to expect..

i tried to find schematic info and demo project but nothing to be seen.. have you ever heard about this stuff?

bests

andrea
Old 21st August 2017, 05:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

early in August i received the board from China and finally i've been able to program it from Sigma Studio using an utility i developed running on a Arm SBC (Cubieboard with Allwinner A10..)

you can find everything about the experience here on github: GitHub - aventuri/sigma_tcp: a C gateway IP/I2C between Analog Device SigmaStudio and ADAU DSP

if you have questions and issues, let me know here..

in the repo there are the schematics of the board too..

bests

andrea
Old 4th October 2017, 12:05 PM   #3
3point is offline 3point
diyAudio Member

Hello andreav,
thank you for writing this topic.
i've also bought this eval board, and i hope it'll works as well as my adau1701 from sure-electronics.
maybe i'll ask you for help about your tcp emulation code.
i use cypress to program the adau1701 and i've no bug on win7 using sigma studio.
i develloped linear phase filter for filtering my 2 ways active monitors,but the fir module is too lite,thats the reason why i bought the adau1452.
chears.
Old 6th October 2017, 09:47 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default sigma_tcp to adau1701..

3point, i hope you'll find driving the ADAU1452 from Sigma Studio using the TCP gateway useful enough.

you'll need an ARM board with Linux OS, anyway. me i tested with a cubieboard, but i suppose any would make it, a Raspi too..

on the other hand, i have too an ADAU1701 board, and i'd like to check if this daemon is working ok also for it..

let you know

bye

andrea
Old 6th October 2017, 11:35 AM   #5
3point is offline 3point
diyAudio Member

hello andreav,

it seems that there are "mini usb" on the boards (codec and main dsp 1452),i don't see rj45.
on the original A.D eval board, we connect via an usbi controller.
on my "sure" adau1701,there is also an usb"i",and the emulation is made by software, i select usb(not usb "i") connector (communication channels page),but before working with sigma studio, i launch cypress usb (cy console) and load the A.D script for "USBI" named "ADI_USBI.spt"
maybe it is the same process to use our adau1452 chinese board,if "yes" it should be perfect.

Last edited by 3point; 6th October 2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 6th October 2017, 11:53 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default ADU1452 USBi interface..

you are lucky: "yes" is the answer you are looking for! :-)

let me explain better: the USBi interface is on the PCB footprint BUT the connector is missing.. you have to solder yourself. let me add that i didn't test this working model, but i see the typical 2x5 footprint. let us know if you test it, if it works, please.

if you go this route, you can use your standard workflow and do not need to use the sigma_tcp to drive your developer board and test your ideas.

the program sigma_tcp is useful in a different use case mainly. when you have a DSP already in place into a HW design (together with a Linux SOC supposed to drive it at runtime) and you do want to test different DSP FW setup directly with SigmaStudio (maybe with all the external circuits you need to test, and a devel board doesn't provide..)

hope this explanation better frames the two differen workflows..
Old 19th October 2017, 03:40 PM   #7
3point is offline 3point
diyAudio Member

Hello Andreav,
I got mine this morning,but nothing works as expected.
I use a usb programmer connected to sda and scl on the adau1452 main board, and both cards connected to pc win7.
The "usb module" from Sigma Studio is green, my programmer is a usbi recognized.
I connect the DSP main board using i2c protocol.
the led on the dsp main board board is green.
when i change parameters on sigma studio,the "capture window" shows parameters changing in green.
it should work isn't it ?
I do "link compile download" -> ok
When i do "link compile download" -> i get an error "communication failure message...."
maybe i do something wrong,but i don't know where,and i have a question for you Andrea.
did you achieve to program the DSP, and load your "desired self boot mode" with your own developement, or not ?
thank you for answer.(sorry for my bad English)
Old 19th October 2017, 07:33 PM   #8
3point is offline 3point
diyAudio Member

Hello again,
i just find one mistake,and the "bus" communication m/s seems to work now,no more error.that's cool.
good night
Old 20th October 2017, 05:20 PM   #9
3point is offline 3point
diyAudio Member

hello,
well well well ! i don't understand why i've no sound on spdif or/and analog output.
i don't find how to configure the register controls.
can someone help me please ?
everything seems to work well except sound output.
i use "tone 1" with a sinus that feel all outputs. no error when i compile download,and when i write registers.
cheers

Last edited by 3point; 20th October 2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 28th October 2017, 03:24 PM   #10
PureBasic is offline PureBasic  France
diyAudio Member

Hello guys,

I'm having trouble making this board works with a freeUSBi hack.
The 10 pins connector your are refering to is wired to the non implanted STM32, so it is not a USBi port. The communication port is the 5 pins port with SPI and I2C pins.

SigmaStudio detects the freeUSBi fine (showing green)
SigmaStudio reports a USB communication error when IC is selected and a register is changed.
SigmaStudio reports no error when SPI is selected but writing/reading random data manually fails.

Did someone managed to get this to work ?

low cost ADAU1452 china board..Hide this!Advertise here!