Smartphone controlled DSP, free app and opened HW

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Smartphone controlled DSP, free app and opened HW(sch, PCB, firmware).
Hi, folks, it's actually the second post about iWoofer system yet, first one was posted week ago here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/308664-iwoofer-subwoofers-control-system-ios-android.html
180 views but zero replies :confused: Probably I've chosen a wrong speaker subforum, maybe the idea itself is boring.. However, I found quite interesting the fact that the app was installed 24 times during this week (it was the very fist public post about the system) and all 24 are chinese :eek: I've some idea about why diyers could avoid trying this system practically, I guess it is 0402 SMD's on the Bluetooth side and QFN IC's. Guys, I see that a DSP projects on this thread is still using TH parts but, OMG, today middle of 2017! Believe me, guys, 0402 caps/res soldering is quite easy, just try that, of course, if you equipped well (iron, optics). QFN chip such as cc2540 it's a bit more difficult but still ok (I used a soldering paste for the central big exposed pad). BTW, our small dev.group currently discussing the multi channel, multitypes of supported DSP version of app ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.