PCM1704 sudden death

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been enjoying a PCM1704 fed with Ian's PCM-board, but suddenly this week the output failed. Both channels. At the same time.

I checked the input from the PCM board, and this looks al right: at NOS, 44khz, 1,1 mhz clock, 88 khz enable.

There was no incident before.
The PCM1704 is fed with a shunt feed. And that works normal. Separate for both channels.
The I/V is with a stacked AD844 pushing into a BUF03

Why would both channels fail at the same time? MTBF tells me a blackout never occurs to same devices at the same time. So there must be a common error 'upstream'.
  • The only irregularity is that I had the PCM-board set at 24 bits while I had the PCM1704 with the 20 bits pin low at -Vdd (so selected 20 bits).
  • I checked the plug from the output of the PCM board, pushed it around, no result.
  • I tested the signal at the input of the I/V board, looks normal.

Any suggestions?

Redid some poking at the constellation. The CLK connector (UFL) was loosely attached; fixed it.
And I said I had pulled pin 9,10 low: my error in reporting, they in fact go to ground.

Fixed now :
@ 88K : the DTA/WCLK have 88kHz, WCLK is 1,94 MHz;
@ 44K : the DTA/WCLK have 44kHz, WCLK is 970 kHz;

But still no output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.