Cambridge audio Isomagic S700 DAC PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I got one of these and am absolutely dying to get it going! I think I need 3 x 15 volt supplies 2 x 15+ and 1 x 15-

How would I do that? Is it just 1x 15v output and I share 3 connections? Also is it one transformer and bridge recitifer and thats it? It already has transistors on board. I know there is a few bits of information on this but I am struggling to understand it to be honest! Any help appreciated! Thanks

Oh it has a blown Tantalum cap that I should fix first or replace all probably. :eek:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Last edited:
Watch out the inspectors about! LOL

Thanks for the link still bit confused about power source. Is it just transformer and bridge recitifier then straight to the dac power input? Does anyone have a pic of the powersource? Does it need to be grounded (to earth?) for it to work or just +- 15v?

Thanks

ok these are some pics sorry for delay but with a new born sleep is quite rare lately!

You can see blown cap. I have not replaced yet. But will I'm 90% certain the DAC works Ive had it sitting in my cupboard for a while now been itching like hell to get it going!!! Just need the PSU. I have read a lot about how to build them just need to get started :smash:

Attachments

• IMG_8914.JPG
    IMG_8914.JPG
    654.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_8915.JPG
    IMG_8915.JPG
    614.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8916.JPG
    IMG_8916.JPG
    729 KB · Views: 140
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.