Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

BluWave USB-to-SPDIF bridge, "a miniature beauty"
BluWave USB-to-SPDIF bridge, "a miniature beauty"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th April 2018, 05:55 AM   #271
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

Edit: Now, you may wonder why I'm saying JP2 and JP3 while in the pictures are JP1 and JP2. That's because when I wrote earlier post I had in my hand a BW board with newer revision while the above pictures are from a slight different PCB variant.
So, instead of JP2 and JP3 you should read JP1 and JP2.
Old 26th April 2018, 07:20 AM   #272
TirNaOg is offline TirNaOg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Edit: Now, you may wonder why I'm saying JP2 and JP3 while in the pictures are JP1 and JP2. That's because when I wrote earlier post I had in my hand a BW board with newer revision while the above pictures are from a slight different PCB variant.
So, instead of JP2 and JP3 you should read JP1 and JP2.

Thanks Lucian!
Iíll be very careful with my BW. I donít have another clock yet but given how important they are I may invest in one and wanted to do some research first.
Old 20th May 2018, 08:34 AM   #273
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

As I wasn't active for a while now perhaps some of you may thing that I gave up on my beliefs and passion for what I do. No, far from it! This USB cleaner project (as I didn't found a name for it yet) is alive and kicking. From time to time, after spending many hours on searching for best parts I could find and buy, I thought at those of you how are backing up my passion and want to thank you very much for that!

I must say that I have a huge pleasure in designing this new small project knowing that all what I do is to spread and share my believe in what it's worth doing rather than simply chasing from money.

As for now, I have no clear cost for now but we all know that good parts comes with a high price and, like you, I'm fully aware of it! We'll see what's come out of it.
So far I'm struggling to remove all the X7R, X5R and alike parts from my board due to piezo effect. C0G will stay. I kinda found some replacements which looks way better on paper but have to be physically tested at some point.

As for Vregs, I always considered LT as the best "analog" manufacturer on the marked and I kinda like the idea of making a part of AD now. With TI would be another story. So, LT Vregs all over the place, no exceptions!

I'll be back with news from time to time in case you're interested,
L
Old 20th May 2018, 12:56 PM   #274
TirNaOg is offline TirNaOg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
As I wasn't active for a while now perhaps some of you may thing that I gave up on my beliefs and passion for what I do. No, far from it! This USB cleaner project (as I didn't found a name for it yet) is alive and kicking. From time to time, after spending many hours on searching for best parts I could find and buy, I thought at those of you how are backing up my passion and want to thank you very much for that!

I must say that I have a huge pleasure in designing this new small project knowing that all what I do is to spread and share my believe in what it's worth doing rather than simply chasing from money.

As for now, I have no clear cost for now but we all know that good parts comes with a high price and, like you, I'm fully aware of it! We'll see what's come out of it.
So far I'm struggling to remove all the X7R, X5R and alike parts from my board due to piezo effect. C0G will stay. I kinda found some replacements which looks way better on paper but have to be physically tested at some point.

As for Vregs, I always considered LT as the best "analog" manufacturer on the marked and I kinda like the idea of making a part of AD now. With TI would be another story. So, LT Vregs all over the place, no exceptions!

L

Fab news Lucian !
Thanks for the update.
Old 20th May 2018, 04:40 PM   #275
Cornan is offline Cornan  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:

L
Thanks for the update Lucian! Looking forward to try it out.

BluWave USB-to-SPDIF bridge, "a miniature beauty"Hide this!Advertise here!