Low noise regulator for DAC & clock

Says he who claims the 78xx series is good enough!!

Why? Anyone can make bland claims but without evidence to back them up they have no validity

I think I'll stick with Linear Technology's list of suggested uses for the LT3045 until I done the auditoning.

It's up to you. You can spend 10 or 20 times more for the same result. You will not hear any difference.

In audio engineering you have 500 places where you can do something wrong. After 20 or 30 years you have the experience to do something wrong only in 250 places. Replacing a good voltage regulator with a bit better certainly does not belong to that area.

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Diyralf is posting fake news as he has not even tried these regulators (proof of this in another thread). LT3042/3045 are a revolution in the regulator world. They are absolutely fantastic in specs. Wholeheartedly recommended.

In any case of doubt : * Not a single device will perform worse when using this regulator * :D

Don't wait for the rest of the world to tell you it is good but buy one of these and test it:

Low-Noise LT3042 Linear Regulator Power Supply Board DC Converter Overvoltage | eBay

For this price this board can not be perfect but it does work OK. Usual suspects are the unmarked diodes and filter cap (is it original ?) It should be noted that it is not short circuit proof as it has a bypass transistor. That one makes that it can deliver 1A ( I did not test max. current but earlier on they stated 1.5A) Try this one out and report here how you like it and if you think LT3042 is a reg worth the money. Fight prejudice and assumptions !

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user