Problem solved...:)

Attachments

• top.png
    top.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 593
  • bottom.png
    bottom.png
    39 KB · Views: 430
Thanks! I am considering at the time another layout with Si570 (I2C controlled programmable oscillator) and flip-flops. But I'm not sure that should I use rather single flip-flops (e.g. 74AUP1G79) or a 8x (e.g. Potato PO54G374A)...

Zarandok,
Very nice project! Do you have plans for adding i2S isolation and flip/flops?
I guess the miniDSP i2S signal would benefit from it, as it is considered to be somewhat noisy in the I2S and not very well timed...?

I used single flip-flops on my original AK4490 but my Rev.2 (Dual AK4493s, PCBs are in the fab. :) ) will use the Potato part. It should easily outperform the 74AUP1G79s. It makes for a cleaner layout too.

attachment.php

Btw, I'll also be upgrading my Si570 to an Si544.. that should also be interesting.

Attachments

• AK4493_crop.jpg
    AK4493_crop.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 595
CMOS (or even better dual CMOS if you can find it - you might be able to omit the clock buffer if 2 outputs are enough for your use case).

If you don't need to be able to enable/disable the Si you can leave the OE pin floating (its internally pulled high or low so as to keep the Si enabled).

I'm considering what other clocks can be use with my Si5xx footprint, perhaps design an universal pattern. But the NDK clocks are simply too small, unfortunatelly not possible if I don't want to get a short with the bigger 6 pin examples. Alternatives are the Crystek C33xx and CCDH-575 models, they have about the same size, but only 4 pads.

The Si clocks have relativ high phase noise, and are sentitive to the power supply (experience of Ian) regardless to the good PSRR value. That's why I thinking about alternatives....

Attachments

• oscillators.JPG
    oscillators.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 307
Last edited: