Oppo Sonica DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I think you may try first the Device settings in the phone app, or the app settings as well. I do not remember well right now, but there should be possible a passord recovery or rewriting. Sonica should be able to be connected to any wifi network, through the mobile app, using any pass.
If your phone virtual keyboards it can be set it up for different languages, the encoding of the keyboard keys may be different for the same letters/figures. Before you key in the pass, ensure the virtual keyboard on your phone it is set for the same language as when you keyed in the pass first time.
Using a cabled network connection it may also reset the use og WiFi section inside the network module in Sonica. I would like to connect Sonica through a cable to the router, using it this way for a short while, and then repeat the wireless connection procedure.
Another thing to try is reset to factory settings, turn off the device, disconnect it from AC power, and then after a while reconnect it, power on, trying again the wireless connection.

Hi Coris

With the exception of the test with a network cable, I have proceeded with everything else and follow the message of "The connection failed, wrong password"

I found that the security selection does not match, I think I should select WPA2, but I'm not sure .....:confused:

The sketch by hand is the configuration in the smart phone.
The photo on the screen corresponds to the WI FI connection properties of the netbook.

What do you think ? I do ?

Thanks friend ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20190101_184501 b.jpg
    IMG_20190101_184501 b.jpg
    624.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20190101_184346 b.jpg
    IMG_20190101_184346 b.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 209
Joined 2009
Paid Member
For sure the type of security it should match both sides. You should also remember which security type it was when you created the password first time. The pass is encrypted very different, or not at all, function the type of security. You can also use "None"on both sides, and see if it works so.
Also when connecting the network cable, it switch off the Wifi section and so a kind of reset occur in that section. It could be beneficial a such experiment in your case. The cabled connection does not ask for, or it need a password.
When about the virtual keyboard on the phone, no matter which keyboard app is used (Google or whatever), a language selection is available in its settings. If you had the keyboard selected for English when creating the password, and then you may key in the pass on a keyboard set it on other language, the keys are not encoded in the same manner, even thought you may not see important differences on how it looks the keyboard on your screen. This detail it is important when about keying in a password.
If you (created) typed in the password from a (for say) English keyboard (on your mobile or on a laptop), you should retype the same password on a keyboard also set it for English. If the language does not match next time you type in the pass, the targeted device may not recognise the keys encoding and password will fail.

Last edited:
Hi Coris

I did as you recommended, I used the Oppo Sonica directly with the network cable for a few days.

Then, I disconnected the WI FI router for a whole day, I re-entered the same password that was not recognized before, and now yes !:):):confused:

Thank you very much, my friend, it has been a great help ! ;)

New and fully linear power supply, clock board battery powered, improved DAC power system, and the fully differential (OPA1632 based) output module for both RCA and XLR out (the two available DAC output pairs are tied together). Also some improvements on USB input board. WiFi/Bluetooth module is dismissed in this device.

New clock system it use two SAW oscillators (54Mhz divided for 27Mhz digital clock, and 100Mhz clock for DAC chip.
Very surprisingly the clock system upgrade it is decisive for the final touch in sound quality improvement. I did it this clock replacement in the end, after all upgrades it were in place. Lifting in sound quality after replacing the DAC oscillator, it is obvious.
How it sound all this? Over all expectations...

P.S. The picture hereby it was taken with the device in function. Therefore are placed the small heatsinks on the LPS regulators. Else, the LPS heatsink it will be the cover of the enclosure (thermal contact by thermal pads).
Hei Coric.
Jeg har også en OPPO Sonica. Vil du være interessert i å gjøre en modifikasjonsjobb på min. Hva er estimert pris på deler evt hele jobben.
Henning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.