!!! Xmos Problem !!! Dual AK4495S AK4495SEQ AK4118 DAC decoder XMOS USB w/LME49990

HI Guys,

I decided to go ahead and get myself the the dual Ak4495 Dac (weilang Board, fully assembled), and have hit a strange Problem.

I have used the xmos usb interface to connect the Dac to my Mac, however the interface is not detected by the Mac since the Led on the xmos board doesn't light up every time.

I have to turn On and turn off the dac's power button several times (10-15 times)to ensure the power light comes ON on the xmos board.

This is quite frustrating and the number of times i need to do this for the Xmos U8 board to come on seems to be increasing. But once its comes ON the Dac works without any problems.

I have tried changing the usb Cable , the power cable , nothing seems to fix this problem.

Is there a way this can be fixed ?

Thanks
GD

Attachments

• IMG_6032.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6032.JPG.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_6033.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6033.JPG.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_6034.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6034.JPG.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_6017.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6017.JPG.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_6018.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_6018.JPG.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
I had few years ago XMOS_AK4399 board from same seller with same problem, end up in trash..
Every Chinese product is more or less fake.. you can buy products from real constructor with real support and real parts, not some cheap garbage from cloners without any knowledge..

Funny, I have a USB board from that outfit, and it's been fine for a few years now.
You might try doing some careful poking around for power and see if you can find the problem.
Makes me think it is something that happened or was aggravated by being shipped half way around the world, and r8833 has a good suggestion.

First measure if 5v comes on pin V+ if yes then further measure voltages 3.3...1.8 and 1v. You have black inductors L... measure points. If all voltages are present than take a look if shield of usb connector on dac board is dirrectly conected to gnd or trought capacitor. If directly cut trace between shield and gnd and instal 100nF smd if capacitor is present than connect shield and gnd. Then we will go on.

Guys,

Apologies for not being able to update the results earlier.

So its goes like this...

Firstly Thanks to Phase, Thorp , Androa76.

I tried poking here and there to get the xmos to work, then with my multimeter tried measuring the 5v on V+ pins . everything seemed fine.

However this time , the xmos power stopped failing and it would come on everytime i powered the DAC.

Honestly something worked for me, thanks to you guys and its seems to be working fine ever since.

Thanks once again !

I had few years ago XMOS_AK4399 board from same seller with same problem, end up in trash..
Every Chinese product is more or less fake.. you can buy products from real constructor with real support and real parts, not some cheap garbage from cloners without any knowledge..

Have you some links from real constructor ?
I would like to found a good dac ~ 200€

Serge

I have a different issue with an xmos dac; have very low output, device is recognized.
Is there a troubleshooting guide somewhere that describes typical xmos output voltage, output stage input voltage etc?

I suppose I could compare with another functional ak4495 dac I have here, but would really rather avoid poking around on a nice assembly if possible...

Hi guys,

Just recently I had a bad experience with Chinese supplier "minishow0328" I have ordered this DAC board (new Parallel AK4495 AK4495EQ X2 DAC 192K decoder AK4118 Upgrade software +XMOS USB for hifi audio-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group)
which turned up to be faulty and not working with XMOS USB module. The DAC board sounds at low volume with mono Op-Amps removed !! - a complete nonsense. XMOS USB detected by Linux and Windows bot no sound coming through. The seller is lucky I didn`t open the parcel in the first month received as I was busy with other things. When I contacted the seller, he says it`s my fault, then after exchanging several emails with video and pictures he asked to return the DAC board but NOT giving the return address even though I requested it several times. Here you have it my experience. Now I would advise to buy from DHgate (Wholesale – Buy China Wholesale Products on DHgate.com) or Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters & Importers from the world's largest online B2B marketplace-Alibaba.com it looks there are more serious sellers in those directories.

Last edited:
Joined 2015
Paid Member
It’s not surprizing that the board sounds without the opamp, signal goes through input and feedback resistors as this is a low pass filter with, probably, multiple feedback topology. If it sound that means dac and interface are running. Also try with spdif and coax inputs.
Check the supply of the opamp: pin 7 and pin 4 against a reference: the outer connection of the output cinch connector, you should have +/-12 or 15V.

Hi, The SPDIF and Optical are working although no XMOS USB signal.
I have measured the Op-Amp voltage on both Mono Op-Amps
Pin 8 = 14.47V
Pin 4 = -0.30V

When I insert the mono op-amps there is no sound at all and I have tried supplied and another discrete. Something is wrong the only challenge is to find out what causes it.

Please check the attached high resolution pictures if it helps anyhow.( I will try to attach it here): Shared album - Mykhailo M - Google Photos
and
Shared album - Mykhailo M - Google Photos

Last edited: