LED light on SURE bluetooth module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am having sure BT aptx board and would like to solder led light to bring it to housing. But I can't locate where...can you help me...here are the photos...red sign is where LED is already on the board.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
If you want an external LED to work you probably have to remove the one on board. The problem that you may have is the difference in Vf of different LEDs. Different color and even same color LEDs can have different working voltages and thus if one LED lights up it clamps the voltage to its Vf and then the other one with higher working voltage would not light up. Just check the working voltages of your LEDs by measuring the voltage across the one on the board when it is lit and compare it to the one you want to use externally. For an external LED to work if connected in parallel to the existing one its working voltage should be lower than Vf of the LED on board, or just remove the onboard LED and use only the external one. You may also need to adjust the onboard series resistor which set's the LED current for the desired brightness of external LED.

Regards,
Oleg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.