Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

LED light on SURE bluetooth module
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2016, 03:31 PM   #1
hormilo is offline hormilo  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Default LED light on SURE bluetooth module

Hi,
I am having sure BT aptx board and would like to solder led light to bring it to housing. But I can't locate where...can you help me...here are the photos...red sign is where LED is already on the board.
An externally hosted image should be here but it is no longer accessible. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

An externally hosted image should be here but it is no longer accessible. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

Last edited by hormilo; 14th December 2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 15th December 2016, 07:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi again...anyone? Its not even working if I try to connect it directy over existing one.

Old 16th December 2016, 05:53 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

So looks like the solution from someone posted on Parts-express is the only option... Sure Electronics AA-AB41136 Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Board aptX +EDR 12 VDC (check out customer photo gallery).
Old 16th December 2016, 07:23 AM   #4
OlegSh is offline OlegSh
diyAudio Member

If you want an external LED to work you probably have to remove the one on board. The problem that you may have is the difference in Vf of different LEDs. Different color and even same color LEDs can have different working voltages and thus if one LED lights up it clamps the voltage to its Vf and then the other one with higher working voltage would not light up. Just check the working voltages of your LEDs by measuring the voltage across the one on the board when it is lit and compare it to the one you want to use externally. For an external LED to work if connected in parallel to the existing one its working voltage should be lower than Vf of the LED on board, or just remove the onboard LED and use only the external one. You may also need to adjust the onboard series resistor which set's the LED current for the desired brightness of external LED.

Regards,
Oleg
Old 16th December 2016, 09:07 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks Oleg...have done some google-ing and you are probably right. Removing the existing is quite complicated, so I will probably use the solution with fiber-optic cable.

Best,
Milos

Last edited by jazbo8; 16th December 2016 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Rule 18
Old 16th December 2016, 09:13 AM   #6
OlegSh is offline OlegSh
diyAudio Member

Removing the onboard LED is easy if you do not plan to use it again. Just repeatedly heat its pins and it will go off after several repetitions. Just do it quick and add a bit of solder to LED pads so it does not cool too quick between reheats.

Regards,
Oleg
Old 16th December 2016, 09:19 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I'll try...luckily I have an old broken one to test first

Last edited by jazbo8; 16th December 2016 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Rule 18
Old 16th December 2016, 09:21 AM   #8
OlegSh is offline OlegSh
diyAudio Member

This video should give you some confidence

LED light on SURE bluetooth moduleHide this!Advertise here!