What is the best way to feed PCM1702?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in need of a advice. After years of searching I got two boards from a Mark Levinson DAC 36s based on PCM1702. :)

The input is differential, each board has two PCM1702 and they accept WCK, BCK, data and inverse data each(that is what I was told, I have no engineering background). Now this means they operate NOS and my idea is to feed them HQPlayer upsampled signal through USB.

Can anyone help me with navigating around all the options that are out there - Amanero/XMOS? JLsounds can connect to the PCM1702 direct in the appropriate PCM format but I also have an Amanero as well as the XMOS OEM baord with no clocks. Should I go through Ian's FIFO(with/wo isolator), I have the I2S to PCM card as well but what about clocks? What about Acko's reclocker+superclock? That looks wonderful as well...:rolleyes:

I am hoping to bring out the best out of it, so far I do not see going back to SPDIF and USB is all I need, since it is a 20bit DAC there is no need to obsess over high res even though it would be nice. Please guys, help...

Attachments

• ML 360s.jpg
    ML 360s.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 216
Try Ian Canada's simultaneous board, if I understand your question, this feeds the boards in the correct way, has the right format and has the differential input for a balanced out.
See this thread. I use it myself to feed my PCM's. That should suffice.
Your projects sounds good.

I went the wrong way and made my own board :eek: Millions of small and bigger problems. But i have to drink my beaker down now. :drink:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.