new NXP TDA1543

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my DAC LITE AH 8X TDA1543 start pink noise, so i take out two defectives TDA1543 and still sound very nice, but the dac its on 24H 7days7 so i like to replace all the TDA1543, these are very cheap so i buy 20 for 7euros!
but i only get pink /white noise no sound.
these are TDA1543 NXP, not TDA1543A but i tink they need EIAJ format anyway. i do not tink are fake, i try to trimmer the Vref but no sound only noise
so the question its: how to switch the CS8414 from I2S to EIAJ format?
i look the datasheet but i'm tube man, 62 old so please i can resolder some M0/M1/M2/M3 CS8414 pins , from grd to 5V or viceversa, but help please i do not now how decode spdif format
anyone can help please?
merci grazie thankyou

TDA5143 (non A) Datasheet here...............
TDA1543 pdf, TDA1543 description, TDA1543 datasheets, TDA1543 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::
i2S Format.

TDA1543A Datasheet here................
Datasheet Archive
'Japanese Format'. Not sure this is EIAJ.

CS8414 Datasheet here...............
CS8414 pdf, CS8414 description, CS8414 datasheets, CS8414 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

It does say it supports both formats as far as I can tell. See page 21 for setting. It's not very clear to me but I'm sure someone on here will be kind enough to help.

P.

What leads you to think that TDA1543 (non-A) needs EIAJ format?

I2S is mode 2 (M2 - M0 : 0,1,0) and EIAJ is mode 5 (M2 - M0 : 1,0,1) if my reading of the DS is correct.
i just suppose, i think,
old TDA1543 are philips logo news are TDA1543 by NPX, should be same IC, but not.
philips nice sound, NPX noise shhhhh
so i like to try
my dac its (M2-M1-M0: 0,1,0) so i go to try (1,0,1)
whats else can i try?
percival007 theorically the NPX should work, but not, so reading datasheet make my just headache, , so if other idea thanks!

I have improved a fair number of Lite AH DACs through snipping out the TDA1543s. Many I've substituted TDA1387s into, though this is a SOIC so needs a fair bit of patience to wire in. However it allows the power supply noise to be reduced considerably due to the much lower current draw.

Claudiomas
Where did you buy the chips ??? Reliable resseller ? (EBay Craps ?)

Hi Abrax, have you any reliable source for the 1543 (links?), maybe the same where you source the tDA 1387 ?

Claudiomas, maybe time for you to swap for an other Philips chip based Design (TDA1541A or TDA1387 - look for at Malfoda + 1387 on DIYAUDIO...):D.... while having a good "patate", TDA1543 is not the most acurate Philips chip Imho... I would say, at the risk to be banished than I prefer the more recent SA full integrated chip when it comes to choose the trade offs.... while Nothing compare to a TDA1541A...:) (TDA1545A treble was good as well !)

Last edited:
Hi Eldam - I have a few tubes of TDA1543 here (both DIL and SOIC) and yes I got them from my friendly Taobao seller. But have no use for them, haven't put them in circuit and so can only guess they're working chips.

Agree with your view that 1543 isn't the most accurate Philips chip, certainly it has an organic allure but its coloured.

abraxalito TDA1387 swap need any modifications ?

Pin7's function changes between 1543 and 1387. I think there's a resistor to 0V which sets the current source bias, this should be changed to a capacitor, at least 1000uF. Also I'd not run the 1387 above 6V, some variants of DAC AH might have a higher supply to the DAC chips.

TDA1387's output current is lower than TDA1543 so the i/V resistors will need increasing. Though I recall some DAC AH's had too high value resistors fitted so perhaps don't swap them out in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.