New? Sure Electronics ADAU1701 Module

good afternoon, could someone help me with Sigma Studio?

I'm trying to create an audio processor using the ADU1701, but I'm not sure how the construction of the type structure starts (if I put the crossover, limiter, delay first), and ect ..

Analog Devices has a lot of information, tutorials and examples. I use it all the time. You can also join their "Engineer Zone" which is a forum to ask questions. I've found a lot of answers to my questions by doing searches.

Top Level Documentation LINK

Toolbox LINK

Tutorials LINK

Engineer Zone LINK

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Hi,
Is there, please, a mic facility with the Sure kit or at least load measurements from the room & speakers in a format file and work on the active filter from there in Sigma Studio.

Does someone is aware of the streaming input possibilities of the Sure Kit : how to playback our library and which phisical inputt ? USB ?
many thanks

Hi,
Is there, please, a mic facility with the Sure kit or at least load measurements from the room & speakers in a format file and work on the active filter from there in Sigma Studio.

You need to do measurements separately. You could use REW, ARTA or HolmImpulse which are all free. Expect to invest some time learning how to make accurate measurements.

SigmaStudio has a control called Auto-EQ that lets you import either impulse or frequency response files and then design the active filter response. It's very capable, but has a lot of quirks and bugs. I've learned to work around the bugs, but YMMV.

Does someone is aware of the streaming input possibilities of the Sure Kit : how to playback our library and which phisical inputt ? USB ?
many thanks

You'll need a USB to I2S converter. See this POST for an example.

Hi, I just finished to design a 3 way hardware crossover (using 4th order state variable filters with VCAs to control the crossover frequencies), but I realized it was too complicated to build and not enough flexible.
Looking for a simpler solution, I found the Sure ADAU1701 board.
My intention is to use this board, linked to a ICP3 programmer and add an external I2S DAC for the third way.
My DSP knowledge is limited, so before I start, I would ask some questions.
I would like to encase all the electronics (DSP board, programmer, power amplifiers) in a metallic box, but this seems to be incompatible with the re-programming procedure with SigmaStudio (as described in post #162 or in the Wondom videos) because this procedure requires to operate physically on the ICP3 (switch, connect and disconnect cables) and I don’t want to disassemble everything every time I want to change something (that is very often).
So the question is: is it possible to reprogram the DSP board without physically access the ICP3 programmer?
If not, I could keep the ICP3 outside the box and connect it to the internal DSP board via a 6 pin connector (DIN or DE-9).
Furthermore, I don’t understand how the Miumax APP interacts with the program already loaded in the DSP board: suppose, for example, I create a graphic EQ with SigmaStudio and load it into the DSP board; the Equalizer of the APP controls this EQ or create another one (in such a way there are two cascaded EQ) ?
Last question: in case I could keep the ICP3 inside the metallic box, how easy is to connect an external Bluetooth antenna to it?
Thanks in advance for any advice (and excuse me for my poor English)

I have an ICP1 programmer but I can't for the life of me get it to appear in device manager.

Anyone know if there's a special driver I need to install? I have used 'dpinst' with sigma studio 4.5, and worked fine with the other USB-i programmer I have.

Thanks in advance,

solved!

Apparently, it is extremely fussy when it comes to USB cables! Only 1 particular cable works with this, even though all others work with other devices.

Weird..

Analog Devices has a lot of information, tutorials and examples. I use it all the time. You can also join their "Engineer Zone" which is a forum to ask questions. I've found a lot of answers to my questions by doing searches.

Top Level Documentation LINK

Toolbox LINK

Tutorials LINK

Engineer Zone LINK

Thank you very much, my friend, so far you have been one of those who made the greatest contribution to me in this case.