Building with the Soekris dam1121

Hello i have a problem with my two 1121 dam connectec to have full balanced ouput. When my i2s sourse was a amanero 384 combo everythink works fine. I have change amanero for jl sounds i2soverusb i have a problem. But let me start what situation is with no i2s source connected to master 1121. When i power on it leds blinkg, after 2 second slave led power off, master led is stil blinking, im tninking that slave have connection lock with master, and master is waiting for i2s signal. But when i connect i2s source(i2soverusb jl) to master 1121,the situation is difrent. slave led blinking, master led ale blinkg for couple seconds and power of for 3 second,andnsame blinking for couple sec and off. What is going on? very thanks for help.

Please tell me, did your config and connecition looks same as picture?

Attachments

• 1121dam(1).jpg
    1121dam(1).jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 322

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
They where standalone boards - i.e. without that board sync configuration i.e. 2 separate mono configs used as stereo via an active Toslink "duplicator" that I built. As I recall it it was just to connect out form the TORX to the input pin. I did feed the TORX 3,3v via a LT stab.

//

I am posting this in two threads.

I use a Raspberry to hifiberry digi+ pro to DAM1021, with Moode as player. I also have the ArDAM from DimDim to control volume, source and filters using a separate IR.

The IR remote is ok for controlling source and filters, but I would really like to use the volume control of the Moode to change the HW volume on the DAM1021. The best thing would be what mbrennwa describes in post 7 of the 2nd thread.

And it would be cool if the daemon would also sync the volume control with the Volumio UI:
  • Turn the volume knob --> change the volume at the DAC and update volume setting in Volumio UI
  • Change the volume in the Volumio UI --> change the volume at the DAC

I found some information on it, but nothing “complete”

http://raw-sewage.net/articles/dam1021-raspberry-pi/

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/raspberri-pi-volumio-control.330151/

Does anyone have more experience with this? I like moode, but could use other player on the Raspberry if that would make the whole thing easier.

Best regards, Erik

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Hello! I Know It's been a very long time, but I've finally ended my build. I've had some problems that prevented the unit from working. It was just a badly executed connection.

This is my second build after the whammy, and I'm fairly happy with the result. I have not been very carefull with the quality of the build because I plan on upgrading this to a balanced version with a separate power supply (I'm learning how to build a salas ultra BiB for this).

I have one question to finish the post. Is it important to have an EMI filter? I barely have room to fit it, but I think I could.

Thank for the help with the connections to Oystein and Spartacus :) IMG_20220116_141124.jpg IMG_20220116_141419.jpg

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I had the pleasure of receiving a used 1121-01 and wanted to changeout the output filter cap. But it seems that the boards dont look the same as my -02 boards (see first attachment)

Where can I find these output filter caps on my new board anyone? (2nd attachment)

Pic with pointer would be nice... :)

//

Attachments

• 1121 02 ocap.jpg
    1121 02 ocap.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 1121 01.jpg
    1121 01.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 90

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks for replying! Aha - maybe that picture is of my 1021. I own both 1021 and 1121 boards and have done the mod on both types... My 1121-02 is deeply packed after a move so I cant reach them easily. Both types are of first revisions.

Still need help of identifying the position of the output caps on 1121-01 :)

//