Building with the Soekris dam1121

You can't connect 3.3V directly to a standard PC RS232 serial port. I guess that's what you're doing, am I correct? (taken from the "pin 5" statement. It fits with a sub-d 9 pin).

You need a TTL level serial port. Just make a search for "USB to TTL Serial Port PL2303".

ok now.
It is TTL, need TTL to RS232 converter for my case (RS232 to USB)
Speed has to be adjusted to 115.2k

Attachments

• IMG-9187.jpg
    IMG-9187.jpg
    852.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG-9188.jpg
    IMG-9188.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG-9189.jpg
    IMG-9189.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 190
Post #1803 - the last one as of now.

//

Sorry I am new to the filter thing. Would you mind tell me more about filter?
The custom filter would (partially) overwrite some of the filters defined. There are four presets (F4, F5, F6 and F7), each filter has different frequency so there are actually many filters defined.

What you have done for post #1803 is only to overwrite the 44.1 of F4.

Is there a better organized web site (other than forum discussion thread) that shows the most common custom build filters?

Thanks!

Does anybody know what the pin headers are because they are smaller than the ones on 1021, I am trying to find a better way of using the pins other than soldering?

Those on 1021 are 2.54mm type.
Those on 1121 are 2.00mm type.
I found it's difficult to buy jump wires of 2.00mm type. Therefore I also solder on the board. I dont solder on the pins because first, it is difficult to clean solder on pin, second, I prefer to solder on the trace instead. I didn't remove the pin headers however because if I solder directly onto the trace, it might easily break the PCB is I pull the soldered wire by accident. With the header soldered onto the board, it helps to strengthen the trace.