Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Building with the Soekris dam1121
Building with the Soekris dam1121
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th June 2019, 08:02 AM   #601
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdandascalu87 View Post
Hi soren,

Regarding the differences between 1021 and 1121, the two boards have different approaches in clock circuitry, vref and also dac ladder, is that right?
1021 is 28 bit sign magnitude segmented 1msb magnitude, 2 bit thermometer and 25 bit r2r using 7/8x4 shift register outputs

1121 is 32 bit sign magnitude 7 msb thermometer and 25 bit r2r using 8/8x4 shift register outputs.

Is that right?
Hi Bogdan!

I saw you posted: "However, it works, but i think something is not good. With the original clock, i sniffed the i2c us between fpga and clock and i had a lot of readings, 3-4 on second. In stock configuration, the fpga, actually controls the programable clock and it is doing it frequently. I assume is something relative to the fifo states, full or empty, and the difference between clock domains."

Do you say that in stock mode, checking the i2c to the clock, you see several clock change order per second? Is that correct?

What input did you use at the time?

//
Old 24th June 2019, 11:38 AM   #602
bogdandascalu87 is offline bogdandascalu87
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Hi Bogdan!

I saw you posted: "However, it works, but i think something is not good. With the original clock, i sniffed the i2c us between fpga and clock and i had a lot of readings, 3-4 on second. In stock configuration, the fpga, actually controls the programable clock and it is doing it frequently. I assume is something relative to the fifo states, full or empty, and the difference between clock domains."

Do you say that in stock mode, checking the i2c to the clock, you see several clock change order per second? Is that correct?

What input did you use at the time?

//
4-5 times a second on i2s using stock configuration. Didnít checked on spdif.
Old 24th June 2019, 01:05 PM   #603
diyAudio Member

OK - and what fed the I2S?

//
Old 24th June 2019, 01:16 PM   #604
diyAudio Member

I think SŲren claimed a time constant for the digital PLL to be 30 seconds. To me this would mean that the fastest update of the clock should be once every 30 seconds but typically slower. It of course depends on the source but what you observed sees to me be faulty behaviour or to small payload buffer.

Something is wrong. Please try with s/pdif. It has a least standardised variation - at least of you use a CD player.

I was afraid of this and it also explains why SŲren don't want to implement a printout for every time the clock is changed. I wanted to know this so one can take measures in order to require the least amount of needed clock adjustments.

I wonder if one could make a very simple HW indicator with a LED, a resistor and a capacitor to form a integrating measurement indicator of the I2C activity- a 2 pole, hooked between the I2C pin and ground - this LED should ideally never be lit...

//
Old 28th June 2019, 07:57 AM   #605
kenneth_obee is offline kenneth_obee  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

Is there a plan for new firmware?
I see there are requests for new firmware but what's the TO-DO list for the new firmware?
If there's nothing to improve/fix, then there wouldn't be a new firmware I believe.
Old 18th July 2019, 08:31 PM   #606
Seenc is offline Seenc
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmcinnis View Post
Took a look at the manual and see the MODE parameter is not mentioned within the UMANAGER section.

I am sure it is still available in UMANAGER, just wanted you to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_obee View Post
Hi all,

Is there a plan for new firmware?
I see there are requests for new firmware but what's the TO-DO list for the new firmware?
If there's nothing to improve/fix, then there wouldn't be a new firmware I believe.

Soren, pleeeeeze come back to 1121. We want to get new update with more taps and new filters. You promised.
Old 21st July 2019, 08:16 PM   #607
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
TNT,

Just for you I updated the dam1121 firmware to make the Vxx command more failsafe. Okay, I was actually working the the dam1121 firmware anyway to support the new dam1121-01 variation....

dam1121 firmware rev 1.09 will be posted on the soekris website soon.
13th July 2016, 05:08 PM

Time flies ;-)

//
Old 22nd July 2019, 03:06 AM   #608
derekr is offline derekr  Barbados
diyAudio Member

SÝren - every so often I check on soekris.dk in the fading hope Iíll find the promised firmware. A few days ago I couldnít access the site. Still canít as of just now.

Thought Iíd mention it just in case you were so busy with the new 1121 firmware you hadnít realised....
Old 22nd July 2019, 06:27 AM   #609
gazzagazza is offline gazzagazza  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I'm a potential customer both personal and commercial but watching his style of communication and support here I have serious doubts that the relationship could be productive in the way it should.
Old 29th July 2019, 04:48 PM   #610
Spartacus is offline Spartacus  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
SÝren - every so often I check on soekris.dk in the fading hope Iíll find the promised firmware.
It's the hope that kills.

Building with the Soekris dam1121Hide this!Advertise here!