Building with the Soekris dam1121

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
When you enter "Download" and see the CCC...., then:

Use the "File" meny in Tera Term to find a Send or Download option... (I dont use that program so...) from there you will have a file dialogue and can find your file in the PC filesystem...

You must use "1K X-modem" protocol.

//

Last edited:
Cool! Does it play music? :-D

//

Yes, very nice! I didn't really get familiar with the previous firmware so can't really make a comparison but what I'm listening to at the moment sounds very good, rich and detailed; looking forward to exploring it more.

Will be interesting to compare it with my DSC2 decoder.

BTW, my 1121 is the 0.01% version.

Thanks again for the help

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
dam1121 uManager Rev 1.08 20160523 FPGA Rev 1.08 Press ? for help.

dam1121 uManager Rev 1.21 20200216 FPGA Rev 1.21 Press ? for help.

Almost 4 year - but it seems it has been worth the wait. Now, I didn't compare the stock filters but with my 4k filter laying around and the same PEQs I use, it seems that I have gotten a cleaner sound in general and a good portion of "brittle" in the top gone.

It was late so couldn't play that loud. More evaluation tomorrow but very promising it seems.

Update was problem free and my balanced mono config, each fed by 5m toslink, worked as before. Only played 44,1.

Nice!! :-D

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It's the number of "taps" that makes up the filter. More taps, like 4096 of them gives higher precision in the calculation of the filter. That can be used to make less ripple in the FR, attenuate more in the stop band etc. This should lead to more Hi-Fi :)

It takes more memory for a higher tap filter. This was now given by the updated firmware.

//

Hallelujah!!

Thank you, Søren. We, the faithful, have been rewarded for our outstanding patience.

My ‘loose’ 1121 board updated without a hitch. In the process of tearing apart the balanced 1121 DAC to update and listen. Work may be cancelled tomorrow due to a lack of interest.

TNT, forgive the question as I know you can't reflect my personal tastes but as you've been closer to this topic for a lot longer than I have you probably have some perspective already; are there 4K filters available that are generally well regarded? Trawling through the filter brewing thread appears to be an arduous undertaking.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I don't recall if there has been any 4k efforts form the public. The big race and the "party pack" coming out where all 2k. So I really dint know. Got the feeling that there aren't any. But should be in the "Filter Brewing" thread. Others surely know. Sorry...

//