934.4 KB · Views: 1,963
  • 20160526_225346.jpg
    20160526_225346.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 1,871
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Just received and open box.
Surprise.

The problem is ? I actually had to reverse that power protection diode as the contract manufacturer made a mistake on the first batch.

The first board there might be a piece of solder left, just take a small brush and remove it. Anything else just looks like a little flux residue, don't do any harm.

The problem is ? I actually had to reverse that power protection diode as the contract manufacturer made a mistake on the first batch.

The first board there might be a piece of solder left, just take a small brush and remove it. Anything else just looks like a little flux residue, don't do any harm.

The second one have scratch on PCB case by retouch.
I don't know why the factory accept the the pcb have scratch have retouch.

And the QA accept the piece of solder left on the PCBA.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The second one have scratch on PCB case by retouch.
I don't know why the factory accept the the pcb have scratch have retouch.

I can't see any problem with the PCB.... And they're all fully electrical tested anyway. Or at least specified to be, you never know with these far east PCB manufacturers....

And the QA accept the piece of solder left on the PCBA.

Maybe because the rework QA (In this case me....) missed it ??

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
No, not when you have other considerations. LVDS signaling allows short stubs, like when the onboard oscillator need to drive an external buffer, that's why the oscillator is located that close to the connector.

OK I see. Maybe you should have made the sync on frame level instead of bit clock. You had lost DSD there but I don't think that had mattered. But, lets enjoy the important improvement on this new fine product.

How about the volume control from pot - can we anticipate this or do one need to seek an other solution.

Bluetooth <-> RS232 a' 3USD? How about 2 when the channels are physically separated? A small script to to duplicate the orders over air?

//

Joined 2009
Paid Member
OK I see. Maybe you should have made the sync on frame level instead of bit clock. You had lost DSD there but I don't think that had mattered. But, lets enjoy the important improvement on this new fine product.

How about the volume control from pot - can we anticipate this or do one need to seek an other solution.

Bluetooth <-> RS232 a' 3USD? How about 2 when the channels are physically separated? A small script to to duplicate the orders over air?

//

No volume by analog potmeter, wouldn't be possible to track over multiple boards.

As I said a couple of times, the dam1121 is supposed to be controlled by a uC, like the STM32F030 I'm already using.