CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / Baseboard

I've attached the document I got with my module which is, I believe, just a breakout board for the CSR64215 module.

I'm not sure about MCLCK, but the others are as follows:

DATA -> MISO (pin 11)
BCK -> CLK (pin 9)
LRCK -> CSB (pin 10)

Also SPI_PCM (pin 7) has to be connected to GND to enable I2S.

The PCM5102 DAC uses BCK to derive its internal clocks.

Chris

Hello!
I have a qwestion about this boar.
I have one, but cant start it. When power is applied to the VBAT and GND, the led is constantly lit and nothing happens. Connect button common wire to pin 1V8 and signal wires to pins P/V, N/V+, PLY, TWS. And again, nothing, the led is continuously lit, the buttons are pressed there is no reaction. Maybe I missed something and did not connect? how to make a cost to go into pairing mode? Thanks in advance for the answer.

If you have that exact module, with the carrier board - the board has a small POR circuit, that pulls the 'PWR_EN' line high a few ms after applying power. Its actually just a 10k pull up (to VBATT) with an NPN thats turned on for about 5ms, then released. This means you can add a button from PWR_EN, to GND and turn the module on/off with a single press.

It iwll power on when first plugged in, but the power off looks for a rising edge on PWR_EN, that means pressing the button doesn't do it, but then releasing it does.

Hi! I have read almost all the 29 pages and this is the most interesting part for me at the moment. Thanks for all useful information you have been sharing here.

My problem is that I want to add a push button to turn on/off the board, but I have not managed to do that yet. I have the F-3188 module attached to a board with amplifier. Exactly as this:

HTB1RuyaSFXXXXbVaXXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg

HTB1OTCwSFXXXXbZXFXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg

I have tried what Buriedcode recommended and I can turn off the module pressing the button from PWR_EN to GND, but when the button is released it turns on again.

Do you have any clue of what I am doing wrong or what should I do to be able to add this on/off button?

Thanks!

Hello,

After some careless device writing I have bricked my F-3188 module (CSR8645).

Now in Blue Core when I want to marge dumped config it is responding like on this image:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I have also erasef flash but unfortunately because my email is on GMAIL I can not download firmware from CSR support site.

So I have quiestion to You.

maybe some of You have dumped firmware. So I will use them to flash CSR8645 once again? Or do You know better sollution to debrick it?

Last edited:
Has anybody had any luck stopping the pop on the I2S output after a few seconds of no audio being streamed to the module? I'm working with the CSRA64215 and i'm getting nowhere.

I'd make use of a gpio connected via open-collector to the mute-input of the amp. The pop occurs, when the CSR is dasabling it output stage, which will result in discharging the coupling caps.

I'd make use of a gpio connected via open-collector to the mute-input of the amp. The pop occurs, when the CSR is dasabling it output stage, which will result in discharging the coupling caps.

That's a good idea, I'll have an experiment tonight. It isn't the coupling caps causing the issue because all outgoing audio is on an I2S bus to a DSP chip in my application. I was hoping that using I2S would prevent issues like this...

It leaves me with three options:
1. find a firmware parameter that prevents the noise
2. implement a GPIO mute system that mutes the chip before the noise occurs
3. implement a level detect mute in my DSP that cuts the I2S a few seconds after music has stopped (the pop on the bus happens after around 15 seconds of no music being streamed)

That's a good idea, I'll have an experiment tonight. It isn't the coupling caps causing the issue because all outgoing audio is on an I2S bus to a DSP chip in my application. I was hoping that using I2S would prevent issues like this...

It leaves me with three options:
1. find a firmware parameter that prevents the noise
2. implement a GPIO mute system that mutes the chip before the noise occurs
3. implement a level detect mute in my DSP that cuts the I2S a few seconds after music has stopped (the pop on the bus happens after around 15 seconds of no music being streamed)

I read this with interest - a few months ago I bought a SANWU Bluetooth module, and experience a nasty pop about 18 seconds after audio transmission has stopped. I'm wondering if there is a solution that you have found?

I have the module linked below, I'm happy to open it up to show the board if there's a chance of a fix:

CSR64215 HiFi Bluetooth V4.2 Audio Receiver Box APTX For Car Amplifier Speaker | eBay

Thanks wchpikus. I had a look at prices for a programmer, they seem to be around US$30 and upward. Considering I'd probably only use it once, I can't convince myself to buy one, especially since I have already ordered a different BT module that should arrive soon.

I assume then that there is no hardware fix for this problem?

And what have you problem with module?
You stop play and you hearing some drop or something?

There are two problems:

There is a low frequency 'pulse' at a low level, noticeable before audio starts playing. Then, on conclusion of an audio file, there is a very loud 'pop' about 18 to 20 seconds after the file ends. This 'pop' also causes a very noticeable excursion on the speaker cones.

Module has digital output also, but inactive.
If on the analog you have "pop" it look like power of the adc or analog amplifier inside of the chip.
Is it only when stop play or when change file also?
When only stop playing ( disable a2dp stream) then you can check some pins ( i fo not know but one of them could by used to anable a2dp led).
When you change file ( forward)..it is hard to disable...

The pop only occurs when I pause play or when the file ends, not when changing files.
EDIT: Also, immediately after the pop, the low level pulse resumes. if I can find a way to keep the stream/output/chip/whatever powered on, then I won't experience these noises and the module will be acceptable.
I don't mind experimenting with it, if I break it, it's no problem.

EDIT 2. Actually, it seems that the low level pulse is constant - it's just not audible to me when music is playing.

Last edited: