TDA1541A Diy Pcb - "Distinction-1541 v2"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Walter,

Yeah, I'll keep my V1.0 board populated for a comparison even though it will be like comparing apples to oranges - still it will show just how different the 1541 can sound when implemented differently. Although it's always had a certain level of musical pizazz about it regardlessly.

Ryan

Update

Prototype ordered!

Made a few amendments, and went over the schematics and pin outs a few more times this week just to make sure before I made the order. Although changes can and probably will be made before the final run. For the prototype I had to change the stripline thickness to suit the standard stackup the manufacturer offered to get correct impedance. Should be about 2 weeks or so till they arrive. Time to order some parts.

:up:

Ryan

Attachments

• Prototype.jpg
    Prototype.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 920
Hi Luke,

Once I've tested the design and all is well, I'll finalise the schematics and BOM. The shunt regs are basically what I posted earlier though. Recently I added the 2220 pads for the 22uF films and 1812 pads for the 10uF films (Rubycon ST). Also added the inductor with DC resistance of about 9 ohms, 3.3mH in place of the current sensing resistor in the CCS.

Cheers.

Pin pitch

Hi Guys,

Most of my parts have arrived, PCB prototype should arrive Tuesday.

Just wanted to attach a photo of the 16TSSOP package that is going to be used for the reclocker; to make everyone aware of what they are up against. Smaller packages offer better performance due to a smaller current loop.

There are a few different techniques to soldering packages with this pin pitch, here is a clip of drag soldering.

Plenty of other videos out there with varying techniques. Definitely doable for your average diyer.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 16TSSOP.jpg
    16TSSOP.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 808
Last edited:
Good advice, thanks Nick.

I usually use heaps of flux, pointy tweezers, and definitely no caffeine before SMD soldering.

A solder well tip or a chisel soldering tip will help when drag soldering.

Im sure everyone will figure it out. :up:

Just thought i'd bring it to attention.

:)

Ryan

Hi Luke, Mayday.

Luke, I understand your concern.

During the build process of the prototype i'll take note of things that need adjusting on the pcb and change for the final run - this may include space constraints and footprint sizes. No need to panic yet, this is just the prototype. Ill try to make it as easy as I can for diyers without compromising performance too much.

Mayday is right, solder paste will be a good option.

Built modules are off the table at the moment, I just haven't got the time or resources, unfortunately.

Ryan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.