Soekris DAC Asus Xonar D2X spdif output unable to signal lock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a xonar d2x sound card and in that Im selecting the PCM output on the SPDIF but im not able to get the signal lock.

there is a considerable loud thump when turned on and off as expected with this Dac but if anybody know how to actually output the spdif properly to this dac?

Is it standard PCM output from the card is supported by this DAC?

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
I have a xonar d2x sound card and in that Im selecting the PCM output on the SPDIF but im not able to get the signal lock.

there is a considerable loud thump when turned on and off as expected with this Dac but if anybody know how to actually output the spdif properly to this dac?

Is it standard PCM output from the card is supported by this DAC?

The DAM should lock to PCM. Try with 16/44.1 for a start, and if you have no luck I'd suggest double checking the SPDIF hook up on the DAM side.

The other thing to check is how the input select is configured. If it's not set to Auto you need to ensure you've got the right input selected.

The DAM should lock to PCM. Try with 16/44.1 for a start, and if you have no luck I'd suggest double checking the SPDIF hook up on the DAM side.

The other thing to check is how the input select is configured. If it's not set to Auto you need to ensure you've got the right input selected.

aha its working now but it has issues as i figured out that the light blinks for 6 to 7 times after 15 secs and whenever it starts blinking i get continuous pops.

I can hear the song by the way but then it becomes silent and then few pops and then song comes back...

what is happening here? Is it not synching properly? Is there a way I can make this work>

aha its working now but it has issues as i figured out that the light blinks for 6 to 7 times after 15 secs and whenever it starts blinking i get continuous pops.

I can hear the song by the way but then it becomes silent and then few pops and then song comes back...

what is happening here? Is it not synching properly? Is there a way I can make this work>

I dont find any documentation on the Jumper guide which jumper for what..

got support from Soren actually the DAC was not getting the signal right it had some issues now tried using the Toshiba optical receiver with the optical cable and now its synced with the source its just gets it right in 1 sec after turn on. Thank you very much for the replies..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.