Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

USB streaming controller
USB streaming controller
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2015, 02:21 PM   #1
arjunm009 is offline arjunm009
diyAudio Member

Default USB streaming controller

Hello
I am developing an Audio codec using the TIs AIC3254 chip.

For the interface, they have suggested a USB streaming controller which they no longer support and other alternatives are a full blown Audio DSP chips, which does not makes sense since I am developing with an Audio codec already. I just need an interface to have it programmed with USB.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slau295a/slau295a.pdf

So what kind of a interface controller is to be made compatible with the codec. The end product should aim to have it connected directly to the computer to receive instructions for the enhancement and when removed from the computer and then played with an AMP, it should just use a simple LINE-IN and LINE-OUT connections.

For direct connection to the computer, USB is good but cant figure out the type out it. In TI page there are many different type -
Quote:
USB Hub Controller
USB Host and On-the-Go
USB Peripheral
USB Transceiver
USB Switch
USB Repeater
The USB they suggested is TAS1020B

Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 10:17 PM   #2
df audio is offline df audio  Canada
diyAudio Member

Since you aren't streaming audio from the computer, any USB microcontroller with I2S support should suffice in programming the AIC3254.
Old 12th May 2015, 05:38 AM   #3
arjunm009 is offline arjunm009
diyAudio Member

Okay. And if the streaming was from a computer or USB device, what kind of microcontroller should it be?
  Reply to this post

USB streaming controllerHide this!Advertise here!