Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

F7 is the common filter stack for all my filters, it always remains the same, NOS on the first stage NewNOS on the second. So it is a kind of reference, because apart from the influence of IIR filters, it is as close to the original as possible.
F5 is an attempt to build a filter as clean as F7, but with 64 coefficients instead of 8x1. The F4 is more geared towards a live presentation. All the differences are FIR2 and therefore subtle.

They have always been there.

It is a combination of many factors, in this case a slightly better tonal balance than others achived by choosing the FIR2 filter with modified window shape. The F4 is the same as in the previous kit, it has always been more natural than the others and here it has revealed additional potential.

Hello,
It's a long time i haven't tried other filters. I am using a pack (paul's) i found in this thread, i am a great fan of the F6 c128dp. I like this filter because of the overall tone and great crunchy from it, overdrive and distorded guitar are great, and percussion are so good. But i dislike a few things, first this crunchy tone lead to a little 'nasal' tone in singer's voice. Also it seems the EQ could be better. F4 of this pack seems a little more round and the EQ is a little better, but i still prefer the c128dp.

I just tried gumisb lastest. Well... first thing, i need to increase the volume... Secondly, after trying a few songs with the different filters... i dislike this pack. It's very bright and very (very...) metallic. To be sure : this pack is compatible with my dam1941 ? I am not even sure this is normal, because the sound is not pleasant at all.
For example, with a song : (Lord Vicar - Nightmare - YouTube)
Clean guitar have a better eq, it's brighter. Not unpleasant. Then the singer voice, reverb is over accentuated, with a bright metallic feeling. Then the middle passage with chorus, the sound of the chorus should be at the left, here it's center, and the drums appear like drown.
In other title the timbal are very accentuated, to and unpleasant level.

This filters set is consequence of listening my dam1021 on my friend’s speakers, so we have

New IIR filters without ripples
New All pass filter
All FIR1 filters are NOS
New FIR2 filters
Gain is now only recovered in FIR2 stage so no coloring.

The biggest difference is FR roll off between F6 and F5 filters.
F4 and F7 are variations of F6 filter with very small difference in FIR2 stage.

Attachments

• Clean3.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Clean3_FR.png
    Clean3_FR.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 321
Unfortunately not but still it’s worth to try because on some systems they could sound amazing well. Main purpose of this set was creation of ripple free flat FR with proper gain.
So FIR2 filters are optimized for gain recovery and limiting band because after NOS first stage band of interest doesn’t change. It’s quite challenging with only 240 coefficients.

DC samples issue

I have to play DC samples with my DAM1021 so I need bit perfect output without DC filter and without any alteration to play the signal in its original format (picture attached).

Could someone provide a NOS filter without DC high pass?

Thank you

Attachments

• DC_Samples.jpg
    DC_Samples.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 201
Thanks, but I don't know.
I have to play pure DC samples without interpolations and without DC high pass filter.
In other words when the DAC receives binary 192kHz/24 bit 0100 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 it should play exactly the original word, in this case half the maximum peak DC output (around 1Vdc).

Someone can tell if it will work?