Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

Thank you for feedback.
Last DT2 pack suffer lack of dynamics on all filters. F7 stack on DT2 is exactly the same NOS/NewNOS as on previous release, it just has reduced gain to match volume level of others. It should be exactly same pleasant but is not. Losing of dynamics was first noticed by @piorasz. So when we lose gain we lose dynamics even if we compensate with volume on preamp/amp. This is one of the reasons why I ask for manual gain compensation after FIR2 to be included in new firmware release.

i have downloaded dam1021-master zip unpacked in folder on the desktop and i have python and virtualenv installed but im not sure what to do next, where do i statt ?

Try using "pip", the Python package installer. From the top of my head:

pip install dam1021

You'll know have dam1021.py installed someplace locally, that you can fire up like:

python /path/to/dam1021.py

This and a bit of Googling should get you up to speed.

I don't use virtualenv myself.

I’m really enjoying the F4 linear phase filter from the Recon pack by gumisb a lot. It seems to go well with my system and the music I play.

First of all the tonal identity of each instrument is faithfully presented also when playing complex orchestral pieces. The soundstage is wide, deep and laid back which I like. The center is still precisely rendered.
Dynamics seem to be fine. I especially noticed the lack of compression or even distortion I sometimes get with Mercury Living Presence recording of Chabrier’s España.

I listen a lot to acoustic music like classical and jazz but the filter also suits rock and pop. My audio chain is the dam1021 -> Unison Research S6 -> Sonus Faber GP Home.

Well done gumisb!

Something new.

Stacked NOS and new 64 coefficient filters on second stage for F4-F6 filters. F7 is NOS/NewNOS stack for comparison.
-Extended magnitude response on high frequency c.a. +1.5db if we compare to flat response of NOS/NewNOS stack.
-Harmonics brought to live, so tubes should benefit.
All rest is exactly the same.

Attachments

• 1021filt_allga.zip
    2 KB · Views: 74