Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

@TNT: Johan could you please upload the latest filter pack including your great filter in F4, but with the DC Blocking ACTIVATED? If I had the txt file I could change it myself and compile a skr file, but I understand you're not willing to publicize the txt file atm.

I'm asking this favour because lately my amp has been blowing fuses and popping tubes and I'd like to be on the safe side.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK!

Added:

--
-- DC Blocking -3db @ 2 hz, 1st order, 352.8K/384K Samplerate
--

dam1021,352800,8,29,5,1
29 DC Blocking IIR, 352.8 Ksps, 2 Hz HP 1st order

dam1021,384000,8,29,5,1
29 DC Blocking IIR, 384 Ksps, 2 Hz HP 1st order

to the last published file.

//

Attachments

• DIYA_1021filt_DC_v2.skr.zip
    46.2 KB · Views: 95
@TNT: Johan could you please upload the latest filter pack including your great filter in F4, but with the DC Blocking ACTIVATED? If I had the txt file I could change it myself and compile a skr file, but I understand you're not willing to publicize the txt file atm.

I'm asking this favour because lately my amp has been blowing fuses and popping tubes and I'd like to be on the safe side.

Sadly my amp has been popping a few more output tubes and blowing fuses even with the DC blocking in place. So now I'm certain it's caused by a pack of bad EL34 tubes (by German TAD) with no more than 200 hours on them. Good quality tubes are hard to come by these days.
I'm concluding that omitting the DC blocking is doing no harm, at least in my system.

Hi all,
Now we living in 2019 and can you tell me which power supply is the most complete/best for the soekris board and rasberry pi3+ ian’reclocker i2s combo, i know this power supply dont need too much power but must have lowest dítortion. Thus, in theoretical, battery do well with low cost, why nobody use it

OK so i found the answer to my own question regarding the DSD decimation, someone said that it decimates to 352/384khz rates and FIR2 upsamples it to 2.8/3.1mhz again.

Soekris just wondering but is it technically possible to decimate the DSD128/256 stream directly to FIR2 rates, i'm curious if that will have a effect on SQ.

@TNT can you please upload your Filter with 1015_Kb16_BW replacing C128dp, I'm really liking the sound of that filter.

I've attached the text file but i think gain needs to be changed for it to not clip with 1.19+ firmware.

Hi all,
Now we living in 2019 and can you tell me which power supply is the most complete/best for the soekris board and rasberry pi3+ ian’reclocker i2s combo, i know this power supply dont need too much power but must have lowest dítortion. Thus, in theoretical, battery do well with low cost, why nobody use it

The salas 1.3 Group buy found on diyaudio would be a very good place to start for a psu.

Attachments

• 1021filt_1015_Kb16_BW.txt
    105 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Hi all,

I use two 12v batterys with no problem. 7ah on negative rail and 9ah on positive it give good 3days without charge.

Hi all,

Do we have a NOS filter that works with DAM1021 firmware 1.06?

I am aware that one can modify the stock F6 (minimum) filter using tools provided by Soren. However, all NOS filters I found are in .skr not .txt.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Lawrence

There's a nos filter in page 170 in the filter pack listed there.

BTW has anyone compared which FIR2 filters sounds the best?