Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
So have I - it actually seem to hold up - thanks! I plan to work more on the path taken to see if it possible to improve further. I will do only 44,1 for a while but plan to also fix higher Fs - but here I plan to offer relatively even more BW for alias suppression / less brutal signal manipulation.

//

So have I - it actually seem to hold up - thanks! I plan to work more on the path taken to see if it possible to improve further. I will do only 44,1 for a while but plan to also fix higher Fs - but here I plan to offer relatively even more BW for alias suppression / less brutal signal manipulation.

//

Thanks for all the info. I really enjoyed your latest filter, but sometimes for certain music go back to F5/F6 of the original Paul/Oneclock edits of filters.

Is it possible to publish the filter back with yours at f4/Linear, and the rest
(F5 mixed ) EQHQ_lpbr_b4 Linear Phase filter, Paul.
(F6 minimum ) "quasiNOS" C128dp Linear Phase filter, Paul.
(F7 soft ) New NOS filter, Paul.

I'll add NewNOS to the multipack, it was based it off an earlier .txt which was the only known existence of .txt versions of Paul's filters, if TNT wants to provide the txt file for his we can add that as F4, NewNOS into F7, without any DC blocking. As for the multi use single for 44.1 and 48k I think Paul answered that one in the past but I am unable to find it.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks for all the info. I really enjoyed your latest filter, but sometimes for certain music go back to F5/F6 of the original Paul/Oneclock edits of filters.

Is it possible to publish the filter back with yours at f4/Linear, and the rest
(F5 mixed ) EQHQ_lpbr_b4 Linear Phase filter, Paul.
(F6 minimum ) "quasiNOS" C128dp Linear Phase filter, Paul.
(F7 soft ) New NOS filter, Paul.

If you or someone can provide a text file with everything you mention except F4, I'll add my filter as F4/Linear and post a .skr up here.

I suppose we are talking 2K filters - right?

//

I'll add NewNOS to the multipack, it was based it off an earlier .txt which was the only known existence of .txt versions of Paul's filters, if TNT wants to provide the txt file for his we can add that as F4, NewNOS into F7, without any DC blocking. As for the multi use single for 44.1 and 48k I think Paul answered that one in the past but I am unable to find it.

That would be awesome spikestabber!
Having NewNOS at F7, TNT's at F4, then the other 2 of Pauls/oneclock's (he added 88/96/192 I believe) to the F5/F6, I'd think that would be one of the best packs so far...

@tnt - can you provide the text file for your latest?

I have to admit that there is a bit of an imperfection with the TNT1 filter. I did a new one and have listened to it during the day. Definitely more clean - actually the cleanest filter I have heard on DAM. Its geared even more to the theorem and mirror suppression (-163 dB at 22,04 Khz) rather than hammering out the last 0,1 dB at 22,045 Khz... being down 0,3 dB at 19,4 - bats may weep ;-/

Please try it - no DC blocker - be warned ;) (or happy)

//

Damn this filter sounds really good, it's almost indistinguishable from the poly-sinc-xtr filter that i upsample to via hqplayer where processing power is not a concern, the closed-form filter though is special especially in soundstage when using R2R dacs.

Good job on the filter TNT 👍

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
But are these Paul filters available as text? As I'm the only one here who seem to have original work to contribute, maybe it would be fair if I could redistribute what is already in the "public domain". I would be happy to share my filter, but would like to keep my source file by myself for some more time. But as I don' have or use any of the Paul filters, I need have access to them in order to do a .skr file.

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
So this "shared filters"... how does it work. Is really the same filter used for 2 diferent Fs?

I will do it like this:

dam1021,44100,8,1004,1999,8
04 Linear Phase TNT2, 44.1 Ksps, 19,4 Khz - 0.3 db, 22.04 Khz -163db

dam1021,48000,8,4,1999,8
04 Linear Phase TNT2, 48 Ksps, 19,4 Khz - 0.3 db, 22.04 Khz -163db

(I will do 4k version later!)

Hope it will be OK.

I will play it, but...

Is there any volunteer that can test run my file before forum upload?

//