Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

Some of the filters published in this thread and at Moredamfilters sound much better to me than the stock filters. They are also incompatible with 1.19. If you want to obtain the best the 1021 is capable of be ready to do a lot of hardware mods and try out a lot of filters.

Is the partypak 0.99 still the best theoretically? I'll have time to experiment subjectively with the filters in the future but if possible I would greatly prefer to start with a set that's accepted as technically superior. Thanks so much!

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
As I recall it there where different approaches in the partypack. Technically superior would be what Nyquist and the sampling theorem demand. That would be a phase linear, infinite sharp filter at Fs. Phase linear can be reasonably achieved, steepness is about available taps. I would rather trade some passband BW for absence of aliasing spurae.

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
As I recall it there where different approaches in the partypack. Technically superior would be what Nyquist and the sampling theorem demand. That would be a phase linear, infinite sharp filter at Fs. Phase linear can be reasonably achieved, steepness is about available taps. I would rather trade some passband BW for absence of aliasing spurae.

//

Eehhh Fs/2 !

//

//

Is there a 4K tap version for the PartyPak 0.99?... Also is the wayback machine the only way to access moredamfilters now? Thanks!