MiniDSP DDRC-22A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Anyone here using the MiniDSP DDRC-22A or the OpenDRC-AN which uses the same hardware platform?

DDRC-22A | MiniDSP

I'm looking for a sense of how this modestly priced hardware performs in terms of noise, dynamic range, perceived loss of resolution, etc.

Anyone modify the I/O circuitry if they perceived improvement could be had?

I'm specifically interested in the DDRC-22A which is not quite cheap enough for me to risk without some answers.

I might be to late too to see this thread, but I reply on it anyway.

I am using MiniDSP DDRC-22A and I can tell you the analog I/O DDRC-22A is quite noisy. I am actually searching for a solution and I came across this old thread. However the digital DDRC-22D have no such problem.

I find a increase of resolution after using it, probably because of more accurate phase.

Since DDRC-22 (same as other digial EQ) take a away some gain (-10db as default) for level attenuation, it take away some dynamic. The level is adjustable and I find I can live with -6 or -3 (with 10X preamp) but it is a matter of personal taste.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.