Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

My first DAC on PCM1794A - help needed.
My first DAC on PCM1794A - help needed.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th July 2018, 07:58 AM   #31
edwtsui is offline edwtsui  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I am interested to build this DAC too, but have some questions and seeking for help.

1. LME49990 has been discontinued already. I am thinking of replacing the opamp to AD797 or ADA4627, any comments?

2. Why 12 x opamps are needed? Suppose I only need one channel output from one DAC, why not 6 instead of 12?

3. We have one I2S from Raspberry Pi and feed to two DAC PCB, how to do it? Connect in parallel?
Old 18th July 2018, 04:06 PM   #32
Chulia is offline Chulia  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Hi, it's definitely worth building it, sound quality is reallys superb!

1) Yes, that's an issue I faced when 3 of them burned :/ Managed to find original replacements. Have no idea about the options you've mentioned, maybe other members could comment on those.
2) In my case by using 12x I'm getting balanced outputs, which is what I need.
3) Yes, since it's a digital signal you just split it and feed however much devices you need.
Old 19th July 2018, 04:27 PM   #33
edwtsui is offline edwtsui  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. If I want both balanced and unbalanced output, how should I do for unbalanced part? Simply pick the (+)output and GND and connect to RCA jack?
Old 20th July 2018, 09:04 AM   #34
Chulia is offline Chulia  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

You should follow the original project then and add the headphones amp IC, which is planned to be there anyways and also has it's tracks on PCBs.

Then you take balanced output right after I/V stage and RCA after HP amp. I'm just not sure if in this case you need to somehow disconnect HP amp when using balanced output.

My first DAC on PCM1794A - help needed.Hide this!Advertise here!