Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

low cost USBi programmer using cypress CY7C68013A board
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2016, 11:38 PM   #11
steeley is offline steeley
diyAudio Member

interesting - so what boot mode and what vendor config did you use?
Old 1st November 2016, 12:26 AM   #12
ernperkins is offline ernperkins  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeley View Post
Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes, it seems you have to 'flash' the USBi each time... it will not stay as an EZ-USB.

I think I will buy the real programmer, so I don't waste any more time on this broken board...
When you say "EZ-USB" do you mean it doesn't show up as "Analog Devices USBi"? If so, I have a possible solution.
Old 1st November 2016, 10:13 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Yes it just goes back to 'Cypress XXX'USB board if you repower it.
Old 1st November 2016, 09:03 PM   #14
ernperkins is offline ernperkins  United States
diyAudio Member

This might help for those who have to run the ADI_USBi.spt script every time they plug in their device. The exact steps are for Windows 10 Home edition and I had previously installed the generic Cypress driver, "Cypress CY7C68013A Driver (3.4.7.000)".

1. Go to the SigmaStudio drivers folder, "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SigmaStudio 3.12\USB drivers\x64" - adjust the path if you have a different SigmaStudio version and/or have a 32 bit system. Run the dpinst.exe program to install the driver and copy files to "Windows\system32".

2. Plug in your device if not already plugged in. Then find it in Device Manager, right click and select "Update Driver Software".

3. Pick "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Then select the "Have Disk" option. Then browse to the SigmaStudio drivers folder, select "CyUSB.inf", "Open" and OK.

4. Two drivers should be listed, "Analog Devices USBi" and "Analog Devices USBi (programmed)". I picked the last one based on another thread. Here are the differences, I don't know the functional difference between the different PIDs.

VID_0456&PID_7030.DeviceDesc="Analog Devices USBi"
VID_0456&PID_7031.DeviceDesc="Analog Devices USBi (programmed)"

5. Select "Next" and "Yes" to the "Update Driver Warning". The driver should be installed.

If you look at the .inf file you'll see the the script file is copied to the "Windows\System32" folder and automatically executed when the device is plugged in.
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:20 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the tip - tried this on Win 7 and it doesn't work. The device shows up as unknown device in Dev. manager. When you try to do 'update driver software' and point it at the inf file, you can only select a folder, not the inf file itself. Then the install just says. 'no driver found'. Any attempt to 'search online' and it just sits there
for ages 'searching online' and you can't cancel..

Ahh the joy, reminds me of trying to make things work back in the days of win95...
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:34 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Had a further thought... tried a manual 'select type of hardware' install and this seems to have worked. I could select the inf file and I get Analog devices USBi programmed everytime I plug the device in. I've got the jumper off the board, so not sure if that is significant.
Old 2nd November 2016, 05:37 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

HOWEVER.... Sigma studio does not see the USBi.... Device is red in the GUI.

USB board has red led, program adapter has red led and DSP board has green LED.

I still have to run the ADi script file with the Cypress dev. tool to make the board
run with SigmaStudio.
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:05 PM   #18
Piersma is offline Piersma  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Interfacing problems

I ran into the same problems as Steely, see my post:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digit...ml#post4365436
Old 3rd November 2016, 01:30 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thanks Piersma - that link is where I originally started..

Never got it to work. even after reading all 60 pages of the Cypress manual...
I've never had much luck with Cypress stuff. LOL!

I guess Its easy enough to run the script manually, then I don't have to waste any more time. Maybe someone has actually got an INF file that works to upload the script?(assuming that is the issue)
Old 3rd November 2016, 04:16 PM   #20
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeley View Post
interesting - so what boot mode and what vendor config did you use?
Quote:
8 idVendor 2 0456h Analog Devices, Inc.
10 idProduct 2 7031h
12 bcdDevice 2 0000h 0.00
14 iManufacturer 1 01h "Analog Devices"
15 iProduct 1 02h "USBi"

The way it works is to flash the eeprom.hex of an original USBi to the ezUSB via "Cypress Console". The .hex is here:

How to do so is described on the AN50963 Section 2.4:

http://www.cypress.com/file/43391/download

low cost USBi programmer using cypress CY7C68013A boardHide this!Advertise here!