Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Soekris' DAC implementations
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th July 2017, 12:47 AM   #1041
quantran is offline quantran  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to quantran Send a message via MSN to quantran Send a message via Yahoo to quantran
Hi

My dam1121 has a problem with locking to signal from coaxial input. I built the input circuit with a pulse transformer as recommended by Soren including 1k resitor connected to 1.2V and 0.1uF to ground.

The DAC is playing but it loses locking every few minutes. I am not sure if there is any problem with impedence matching due to my bread board implementation. Should I arrange the pulse transformer close to the the dac board or close to RCA socket?

Anyone has an idea about the potential issue? I have attached a photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1170.JPG (75.2 KB, 776 views)
Old 9th September 2017, 11:00 PM   #1042
bmxmen is offline bmxmen
diyAudio Member

Hi I have over 2years soekris v2 with mods 16x 470uf caps, 4BC 550/560 transistors and added 4 caps near bc transitor.All polymer caps. I have read that better is larger capacivience. It is god idea to change my mam 470uf to 1200uf polymers? Or even more? Thank You.
Old 4th February 2018, 12:42 PM   #1043
fedde is offline fedde  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I currently use a USB to RS232 convertor to communicate with my Soekris DAC. I would like to change this into TTL level so that it become isolated.

I consider the following option:
PL2303TA USB TTL to RS232 Converter Serial Cable module for win 8 XP VISTA 7 8.1 | eBay

But this device only has a 5V power option (and 3.3V TX/RX levels). Do I need to put a 3.3V voltage on the isolators to make this work? So do I need to look for a cable with 3.3V power supply? Any suggestions?

Fedde
Old 8th February 2018, 08:24 PM   #1044
diyAudio Member

I have another question. Does anyone have good advice on an USB to I2S convertor for DAM1021?

My shortlist contains currently:
1. Amanero combo384
2. Singxer F-1
3. DIYINKH XMOS 384 (or 784 or multichannel 384)

I would appreciate low jitter and (especially) stable drivers. Possibility of usage of USB power is a plus (this applies to the first two options). I heard some good stories about the F-1. but is it really worth the money? It is almost twice as expensive as the Amanero!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated...

Fedde
Old 8th February 2018, 08:34 PM   #1045
euro21 is offline euro21  Hungary
diyAudio Member

4. JLSounds
Old 8th February 2018, 08:42 PM   #1046
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro21 View Post
4. JLSounds
This is a well affordable option indeed. Why did you recommend this one? Do you think it is better than the other three options? Or does it just need to be considered as well?

Fedde
Old 8th February 2018, 08:56 PM   #1047
euro21 is offline euro21  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I tried HiFace, then Amanero, but for a few years I use JLSounds.
If you use it with good (low jitter) clock - better than original NDK or external CCHD-957 - IMHO it's better than F-1.

Last edited by euro21; 8th February 2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 8th February 2018, 09:42 PM   #1048
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Isn't the I2S input also run through the buffer?

//
Old 10th February 2018, 06:03 PM   #1049
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro21 View Post
I tried HiFace, then Amanero, but for a few years I use JLSounds.
If you use it with good (low jitter) clock - better than original NDK or external CCHD-957 - IMHO it's better than F-1.
What clock do you use and/or recommend? Is the JLSounds convertor good out of the box as well?

Fedde
Old 10th February 2018, 06:05 PM   #1050
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Isn't the I2S input also run through the buffer?

//
What do you mean? That due to reclocking in DAM the choice of USB to I2S shouldn't matter that much?

Fedde

Soekris' DAC implementationsHide this!Advertise here!