cheap simple DSP crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the DA3066 seems to have an ADAU1461 as the Mclk is driven at pin 2 from the 12.288 oscillator. the rsr232 is on uart level RXD/TXD, so need a USB to rs232 RXDTXD converter, a few bucks on aliexpress. also these guys circumvent the EULA agreement by having theyr own SW control the dsp instead of using the sigmastudio.

I need this
RS232 to UART TTL Converter Module for Serial Interface Communication com MCU | eBay

and this

Aliexpress.com : Buy HighTek USB to RS232 Interface Converter USB cable usb rs 232 free shipping from Reliable cable eeprom suppliers on Cassie Electronic Store | Alibaba Group

Or do I only need the USB to RS232 converter

No - I have found several possibilities. But either they simply don't answer or they have MOQ way above my budget.

MiniDSP is still the (only) choice on a budget. If you can program and make USB interface yourself, then it's possible go below 40$ in small qty (20 pcs), but it's not plug and play then. You have to ad some components and connectors, and I don't think it's worth it compared to a very userfirendly MiniDSP 2x4.

I will continue the search :)

Is there something like a cheap and simple DSP crossover yet? This thread just stopped over 5 years ago. Other threads about free dsp offerings have also died a silent death.

I just need a (hopefully cheap) DSP solution for setting up a FAST system. Simply two FR speakers and a single passive sub currently. Is miniDSP still the best and only option?

Tinysineaudio has just release this for US$19.20

Based on ADAU1701.

TSA1701 Audio DSP Board

The TSA1701 is a complete audio digital signal processing module. The main DSP chip on this module is ADAU1701. The application range from active loudspeaker concepts (digital 3 way 3 unit, 2 way 2 unit crossover, bass enhancement, etc.) and realize the transformation from 2.0 to 2.1. It also has four potentiometers and with default program loaded. Customers can adjust the gain, bass, midrange and treble.
It also have a debug port for Sigima Studio, User can program this module with our USBi programmer to get more functions which includes equalization, crossover, bass enhancement, multiband dynamics processing, delay compensation, etc.

the ADAU cannot sync to external digital streams, so you always need a sample rate converter like thew AK4127..all AK chips need a reset on PDN pulse to properly start, as they don't start by themselves. I used one of the ADAU analog outputs (RC filtered 1k 4.7n) as delayed PDN signal. on the bigger AD DSP's the sample rate converters are already integrated.

the ADAU can't have a slave I2S input taking the bit clock and L/R clock from the source (network streamer)?

I could use the same 12MHz clock for both the source and the ADAU as I will put the ADAU board inside the streamer enclosure.

For output I2S master is fine, the DACs will be slave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.