NAD DAC M51 vs. Philips TDA1547 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a non EE and not knowing the internal structure of TDA1547, I would say he has disabled analog stage completely ...the thing is he don't understand that he also disabled switch capacitor network!!! which is an ANALOG part, not digital. One can figure out that by looking at markings of pin 9 and 24...it says AGND DAC L/R, like analog ground...which is a reference for all analog bits in the dac.

As a non EE and not knowing the internal structure of TDA1547, I would say he has disabled analog stage completely ...the thing is he don't understand that he also disabled switch capacitor network!!! which is an ANALOG part, not digital. One can figure out that by looking at markings of pin 9 and 24...it says AGND DAC L/R, like analog ground...which is a reference for all analog bits in the dac.

It seems he normally has good knowledge of different DAC's, so i wonder why he should not be able, to hack this one. There must be more, than we obvious can see.

Last edited:
It is not for me to judge, but his knowledge about digital and analog electronics is at least debatable.

To me it seems as a balanced output where pin +14,-15 ( R out ) and pin -18,+19 ( L out ) ...so i would guess ( with no knowledge at all ) that pin 12 ( R AGND ) and pin 21 ( L AGND ) should been used instead of pin 9, 24 ( AGND ).

If he only uses pin 14 and pin 19 he only takes out half of the signal right ?

Okay no more fikus + lamps ...subject is the TDA 1547

I have looked at the SAA 7350 pinout ( 1 bit IFO ) and i wonder if it's pin 42 ( D Out L ) and pin 44 ( D Out R ) and pin 43 ( X sys 2 CLK ) i should be concerned about when thinking of disabling oversampling. If i want non oversampling ? Instead of being conected to TDA1547, pin 3 ( D In R ) and pin 30 ( D In L ), they should be routed to pin 10,11 ( DAC -/+ R ) and 22,23 ( DAC +/- L ) ....or am i totally wrong ?

Look at page 13 of 19 here:
HTTP 301 This page has been moved

Last edited:
Oversampling is done in the dig. filter, so if you want to disable oversampling you have to bypass the digital oversampling filter. In that case, input receiver needs to be able to deliver signals in a format that SAA7350 can accepted (e.g. I2S) . Output from SAA7350 is essential for TDA1547, it supply "raw" bitstream signal to TDA1547.

Hi

I've got a problem with this one DAC-TDA1547-DIR9001-SM5813-SAA7350-USB-DIY-Kit. No doubt it was my fault when something went wrong. I disconnected it and connected again to another amplifier without turning the power of. After connecting it again the sound is very distorted when i add some volume. I tried to change the op-amp's ( ne55532 ) but it wasn't the problem, still distorted. What can it be ...any clues which component is broken ? I'm able to play very quiet without distortion.

Hi

I've got a problem with this one DAC-TDA1547-DIR9001-SM5813-SAA7350-USB-DIY-Kit. No doubt it was my fault when something went wrong. I disconnected it and connected again to another amplifier without turning the power of. After connecting it again the sound is very distorted when i add some volume. I tried to change the op-amp's ( ne55532 ) but it wasn't the problem, still distorted. What can it be ...any clues which component is broken ? I'm able to play very quiet without distortion.

Solved ....DAC is okay.

Problem was my De'lite amp = bad connection at the lamps ( new lamps will be mounted ...just like servicing a tube amplifier :D )

Wonder if i should try these OP amp's for the TDA 1547 kit ? Do anyone have anything to say good/bad ?

Discrete OpAmp Direct Replace Dual OpAmp OPA2604 TL072 NE5532 OPA2132 AD8620 | eBay

Last edited:
Its jolly short on technical specifications - and 1Mohm input impedance is hardly going to allow it to replace some JFET opamp applications.

OTOH Sparkos discretes have some technical chops behind them, admittedly a tad more expensive : Dual Discrete Op Amp SS3602 | eBay

110 $ + 5 $ shipping for 2 pcs vs. 156 $ + 8 $ shipping

If it's worth the 46 $ more, i will do it ...but first i've got to do some decoupling on the DAC, i just don't know which pins i'm going for on the TDA 1547 DAC. How many decoupling caps is needed and which to buy. I still need a schematic where it's possible to see something ( diagram on sellers ebay site is useless )

Thanks for posting the link to SS3602 :)

Here's the TDA 1547 http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet/philips/TDA1547.pdf

Here is the SAA 7350 http://www.elserw.com.pl/baza/PDFy/SAA7350.pdf

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.