Upgraded Single Board PCM1794 NOS DDDAC

Hi,

I 'finished' the clock-delay-thing and it gives sound.
Only one channel does 1.2Volts and the other does 2.4Volts.
What did I do Wrong?
Any suggestion is welcome,

Ed

IMG_9515.JPG

Why do you have twisted wires going to the same place!

Buffer Boards - Availablity Change

I am not allowed to sell the Buffer PCB sections shown in the pictures and listed in the BOM. There was a misunderstanding with the persons I was working with on the "different PCB project".

LeonBernieniv has graciously offered the Eagle brd files for the the Buffer board he had built a few months ago from a buffer schematic I posted a long time ago. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ddac-pcm1794-output-coupling.html#post4035077
Re: DAC Buffer PCB
Here's the brd files with eagle if you need. Thank you and supposed to share it.

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjHNrVv

I do not have or know how to use Eagle software. I hope someone in the forum can help me with this.

CCS Mini-board - next revision anyone?

I think its time to go to the next revision CCS Mini-board by dropping the cascode, adding pads for an SMD JFET next to the TO-92 holes, and adding pads for an SMD resistor to be optionally used in place of the pot for those who can measure exactly what source resistance they need. Thermal drift does not appear to be a significant problem with the 2SK246Y and the 2SK208 "O" and "R".

This board can be smaller at no more than 15mm x 15mm. I hope someone with PCB CAD experience comes forward to make this simple board design. I will help with the design review and GB if necessary.

These boards you have been precluded from using - are they available to the public? Could we buy one and send it to you for the modifications?

(had to ask)

Thought of some other things - I cannot get the .brd file to open - as if I know what that is. If that is a PCB design it seems all that needs to be done is send it to a PCB manufacturer.

I iwll ask John Broskie who he uses for his boards - hey are fantastic quality.

Last edited:
Buffer Eagle File

rickmcinnis,

The NO! NO! NO! was in reference to your first sentence in your Post #50, not to the rest of it.

It's great that you have been able to open the file.

This board will have to be modified to have the size and hole locations to fit properly on the DAC or Main Board. It was originally made to fit on an R2R DAC, not Doede's DAC. I've never seen it in full detail. Can you send me a pdf or jpg of the board so I can look at it?

Email it to me and we can work out the details out of the forum. I'm sure that there are PCB makers with minimum orders far less than $400.

Last edited:
PCBs

Hi Ross,
Email me if you think I can help with PCBs.
The earlier buffer boards can be modified if I know what you need, or these newer boards can probably be duplicated; again if I know your requirements.
There is no minimum order and the layout costs of the earlier boards has already been covered.
Anyway lemme know if I can help.
Merry Christmas
tim

interested

I think its time to go to the next revision CCS Mini-board by dropping the cascode, adding pads for an SMD JFET next to the TO-92 holes, and adding pads for an SMD resistor to be optionally used in place of the pot for those who can measure exactly what source resistance they need. Thermal drift does not appear to be a significant problem with the 2SK246Y and the 2SK208 "O" and "R".

This board can be smaller at no more than 15mm x 15mm. I hope someone with PCB CAD experience comes forward to make this simple board design. I will help with the design review and GB if necessary.

I'm interested. But have no idea who could make the job. Since smd is not "my cup of tea", I'll find some 2SK246Y.

Whew, I thought I had stepped ON an hornet's nest!

Broskie recommends:
Ron Charfauros
Account Manager
Bay Area Circuits, Inc.

Ph: 510-933-9000 main

Ph: 510-933-9017 direct

Email: Ron@bacircuits.com

His boards are very thick and non-resonant. Of course, he asks for such a board but says the quality from these folks is the best he has found. He asks if they are used to let them know he recommended them.

I have no real idea what they would cost. I went to a site that said they make small runs. I have no idea what the norms are in this business.

I do think a quality board would be a good thing.

I am glad to help in any way but must confess I have never had a pcb made. So I would not be of use for that but would gladly volunteer to do anything else that is needed.

Take care,