USB to spdif converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am looking for a USB to spdif converter. Anybody has anything to recommend?

Oon

There have been quite a few threads about this. I've had some of the super-duper-expensive ones in house and some EBay cheapies. No difference. Get the EBay cheapie and use the rest of the money to buy music.

The one I currently use is a Phiree HA Info. Works great at anything up to 24/96.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at either the M2tech Mk2 or the wyred4sound 4 sound. From the many different reviews I would say that very likely it makes a bit of difference depending on your age, sound system and maybe even the computer.

I was looking at other possibilities other than the 2 mentioned.

Thanks.

Oon

From the data source to the DAC should be totally transparent, whatever system is chosen...its data transport and in this day and age we should be able to get a basic digital signal from source to destination unaltered. I would say that if this has not been achieved then there is a problem somewhere in the chain.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Mine just arrived. sadly appears to be DOA. cannot get a peep out of spdif or toslink. can't decide if I can be bothered to take it apart to debug.

After much swearing and failed communications I finally have it working on the server as intended. it was not obvious what was the right one of the 6 options it presented would produce sound. But 16/44.1 and 24/96 are working, which is exactly what I wanted. One less power outlet required for music and I get to take my USB dac to work for headphone duties, so money well spent.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.