Suggestions please for 16-channel 24-bit digital audio recorder

Hi all! I'm not sure I understand well the basis of this project. Is this completely dependent on P16-i, or can any ultranet device (like my XR18) be compatible?
What I'd like to achieve is exactly what @H3NN1 wants, so I'd really love to know what you've been able to achieve so far.
What I'd like to do is: connect this device to my console using the ultranet connection, and have 5 stereo outputs that we could use for in-ear monitoring. I would create some smaller deported and wired circuit boards, one per musician, containing a fader, a rotary encoder (to select the channel the fader is connected to) and another encoder to use for left-right balancing, and probably a bunch of leds. The output 3.5 jack would be deported on these peripherals. I'm not really afraid of the design and circuitry for that external peripheral, they could each use a small ESP32 board or any another controller and I'm quite comfortable with that, but the main part, the demultiplexing and mixing of the 5 stereo channels is where I would definitely be missing skills.
And to complexify this more, once this works, I would love to develop a V2 version which would be able to go wireless, for the 5 channels of in-ear monitoring, even if only with garage band quality level, so we would only need this main device and in-ear monitoring receivers.
@H3NN1 Have you been able to do something with all that?
@pcdimmer Do you foresee any major issue with such project, besides the overall complexity?
Thanks anyway, this already looks pretty promising!
Brice
Hi Brice, I got stuck with the Ethernet interface last year which apparently produced some audible "clicks". @pcdimmer advised me to wait until he had re-viewed the Ethernet circuit design. Otherwise I got quite far. Had already programmed a simple UI running on a webserver that would allow several users to remote control their personal mix via a mobile phone. However, meanwhile a band member decided to invest €3000 in a Midas M32 with digital stage box which provides the same functionality for us, so I didn't follow up anymore. Neverhteless, I'm glad to read there is progress and will wait for the article and/or the youtube video to come out and then hopefully bring this further. The band might still use it as stripped down solution for the rehearsal room. If I make progress that may be useful for others I will post it here. @pcdimmer: Keep up the great work !