Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillator
The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillator
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th April 2021, 04:40 PM   #3531
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Demol View Post
I've posted this here before but for your benefit 10MHz with 1Hz, -123dBc
10Hz, -148dBc. Full schematic in paper. You are welcome
Thanks, I've seen this before, did I ever said such an oscillator cannot be built?

I would kindly point you to the construction details in the paper, then compare them with a dangling PCB that is offered here. And please don't invoke "an oven is not required" argument, it's not only about stability, it's, as I already mentioned several times, about shielding, EMI, and other such issues that dominate at those levels.
Old 19th April 2021, 04:48 PM   #3532
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K View Post
This nice, catchy named oscillator is developed by Andrea based on the above article, so now there are two subjects with suspended credibility until a good, trustable scientific scrutiny, the WhiteRose article and the TWTMC-EXO oscillator.
Who else get's on the list?
And what does the article prove, other than it is possible to design a good low noise oscillator? Does it prove in any way, shape or form your claimed performance?

But then you, your colleague, and a few others remind me of a pack of wild dogs, waiting for anybody raising reasonable doubts, or making suggestions, to maul them good. Good luck promoting this BS for audio, good luck with the sales to the (for you) useful idiots that are the innocent audiophiles. I'm out of here, be happy.
Old 19th April 2021, 05:17 PM   #3533
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

I am not sure where all this anger came from or the need to insult those of us who value this group buy. But leaving may be the best option if you cannot be constructive.
Old 19th April 2021, 05:21 PM   #3534
andrea_mori is offline andrea_mori  Italy
diyAudio Member

Now the poor guys don't even know how to design a RF PCB, they have to learn from the smart engineer.

But the poor guys are lucky again because the performances they got with such dangling PCB are remarkable.
And looking at the plot, EMI and other such issues don't dominate at those levels.
But by now we know, the poor guys are lucky or maybe they are just cheaters.

At the end the smart engineer has published a poor oscillator with poor measurement (using a PLL!) and now he goes away with his tail between his legs.

And obviously insulting everything and everyone.
Maybe he's not so smart.
Old 19th April 2021, 06:05 PM   #3535
ilgavro is offline ilgavro
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn08 View Post
And what does the article prove, other than it is possible to design a good low noise oscillator? Does it prove in any way, shape or form your claimed performance?

But then you, your colleague, and a few others remind me of a pack of wild dogs, waiting for anybody raising reasonable doubts, or making suggestions, to maul them good. Good luck promoting this BS for audio, good luck with the sales to the (for you) useful idiots that are the innocent audiophiles. I'm out of here, be happy.
I don't now who you are, but I think is not the best issue for open a discussing. You flaming, have you make somethings or you are just offensive with the people work and contribute with passion. I think is better you find another place to flame... bye
Old 19th April 2021, 08:08 PM   #3536
clsidxxl is offline clsidxxl  France
diyAudio Member

A quick first report of the TWTMC DRIXO (11MHz and 12MHz) Compared with TWTMC-D DRISCOLL (even frequency)

It is very positive, the space and the dynamics between the different instruments is increased, so we have a wider and deep sound scene, on certain pieces like for example 'Woman in Chains' of Tears for Fears, recording is such that it can quickly become aggressive and thrown forward, nothing of this with the Drixo, the voices are not aggressive or thrown forward, they stay there or they must be, but what immediately impresses me It is the quality of the bass sector it's very dynamic.

I will put the card in a chassis and leave the crystal to break and I would take a report

Andrea Thank you for this experience and all your work .

Last edited by clsidxxl; 19th April 2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old 20th April 2021, 01:04 PM   #3537
sq225917 is offline sq225917  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917 The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillator
@cl... what clock did they replace ?
Old 20th April 2021, 01:05 PM   #3538
sebbyp is offline sebbyp  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsidxxl View Post
A quick first report of the TWTMC DRIXO (11MHz and 12MHz) Compared with TWTMC-D DRISCOLL (even frequency)
Old 20th April 2021, 04:34 PM   #3539
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

The way I read it, this is the second report out (thankyou) indicating perceived sound quality significantly better than the already great Driscoll from the last GB. That is pretty promising. While the hotly debated measurements are important to the development, it is the subjective sound quality that is the important measure of success.
Old 20th April 2021, 05:46 PM   #3540
clsidxxl is offline clsidxxl  France
diyAudio Member

Yes wlowes, DRIXO board is a significantly better sound quality than the TWTMC-D DRISCOLL of the previous G.B,But to give a criticism founded the crystal must be burn.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Building a low phase noise/jitter crystal oscillatorHide this!Advertise here!