Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Viable DSP platform?
Viable DSP platform?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th May 2014, 04:46 AM   #1
Soldermizer is offline Soldermizer  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Viable DSP platform?

Hi, I am no stranger to buying cheap gear from the Orient but only via Ebay until I discovered AliBaba and AliExpress. These are not new, as entering either of those as search terms bring up a few hundred hits. But, 'new to me" and a paradise of dodgy electronic gear! So far AliExpress has resisted three attempts for me to buy anything, credit card security or some such. But I digress.

I stumbled upon this little gem: while I don't plan to buy it, it looks like it would be a good DIY platform for a mini system (doesn't have the four-digit power output us subwoofer guys need!)

DSP+CLASS D AMP+SMPS 2.1 OR THREE WAY HI FI AMP WITH ANALOG/SPDIF/USB SOURCE SELECTOR-in Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

I am familiar with MinIDSP and a happy user; also know that you can buy domestic (USA) sold stuff like the INuke DSP line. I have not heard of the SigmaStudio (software) but might be as flexible as MiniDSP or similar software?

At around $350 delivered (if they will sell you one!) it seems to have reasonable geek/$ ratio anybody interested?

Usual disclaimer: I have no commercial ties to the above items except for the one(s) I actually own. Now I will do a belated search on "Sinewave Genius or G33" and embarrassingly discover its been well discussed

Yep, a few peeps, even two years ago from some Dutchman, but not much else apparently :grin:

Ah yes, a little Googling yields apparently the Co. website. If it's in China, why not "Sinowave"? Taken already maybe.

http://www.csinewave.com/product.asp?pid=162

And the "Sigma Studio" looks just a tad intimidating. Maybe if you're a EE or a computer scientist. I have a degree in the latter but am rusty to the point of being iron ore

http://www.analog.com/en/dsp-softwar...WARE_AND_TOOLS

Unless there is a really dumbed-down version of this, I think MiniDSP has little to worry about

Last edited by Soldermizer; 17th May 2014 at 05:18 AM. Reason: More breaking news!

Viable DSP platform?Hide this!Advertise here!