Signalyst DSC1

Howdy All,

Looking for some input on power supplies for a DSC2 V2.5.2 build. Looks like I need 5V for Amanero, and the same for each channel on DSC2. I also need a +/- 18V bipolar supply for my output stage. It would be nice to have each supply on its own PCB including the transformer. Anyone have any recommendations? I’m in the US, so 120V mains. Thanks for any ideas or pointers!

My apologies if rhe following question has been alredy made.

My setup is a dsc 2.6.2 with amanero firmware 1099c. I play music in my home network with HQPlayer and a raspberryPi3 with DietPi. Amanero is connected to the Pi via USB.

That setup plays beautifully but I have a huge blop (or click) whenever the family rate changes (say playing 44.1khz music file and thereafter 96Khz file). It also has that problem with native DSD files which have different family rate.

Does anybody have a similar problem ? How did you solve it ?

Cheers

Tested my DSC2.5.2 with resistance installed on R65 R129 ... then rolled back to default configuration. An oscilloscope is probably needed for a real fine tune ... I will try to buy a decent one.

Question. I use BeagleBoneBlack as a NAA. What should be the right set for the parameter <DAC bits> on HQPlayer? 32, 24, Default?

Hi Pavel,
where i can find a mounting plan? I am not able to solder smd so i wan use a outsourcing company. But they asked me a mounting plan.
Is there somebody can help me?

Another qustion: i bought a pcb from a user on this forum. But he not supplied me resistor network pcb. Is there a way to Mount resistor network without dedicated pcb (on the dac pcb)?

Does someone know a place where I can get genuine old Philips or NXP 74AHCT595?

+What is the most acceptable substitute for old 74AHCT595? Nexperia, Diodes Incorporated, Texas Instruments, or a different brand?

I would especially be interested in a reply from Pavel, but anyone's help is greatly appreciated! -Thanks in advance!

The DSC2 can be supplied using a single 6 to 10V DC line.

About NXP 74AHCT595, last month Mouser shipped to me NXP chips with "1545" datecode, I think they should be pre-Nexperia. In any case, I am using them and I can assure they leave nothing to be desired :) If someone plans on buying them, exact P/N is 74AHCT595D,112.

--------

Just a clarification about my previous post about reflections and terminations on clock lines: I did not set the Amanero board on slave mode, with reference to MCLK. Once corrected that, CLK waveform did not differ with or without termination resistors, so I removed them. The board is working perfectly now.

--------

I have some doubts myself now:
-What are correct firmware versions for Amanero when using DSD512 on Windows? I am using DSD512x48x44 for the CPU and Slave_for_1080 for the CPLD. Is this correct?
-I did not mount the 2200pF capacitors across transformer primary, is this correct?
-I am using LL1684 output transformers and input impedance of my amplifier is exactly 10K. Is it advisable to lower the impedance to 5-7K or is this only needed with chinese transformers?

I have some doubts myself now:
-What are correct firmware versions for Amanero when using DSD512 on Windows? I am using DSD512x48x44 for the CPU and Slave_for_1080 for the CPLD. Is this correct?
I think that the most stable firmware for Windows is firmware_1096c. With this firmware no artifacts on DSD512.
-I did not mount the 2200pF capacitors across transformer primary, is this correct?
The choice of this capacitor by measuring the frequency response with Chinese transformers. But many users said that reducing to 330-470pf or deleting it is good for the sound.
-I am using LL1684 output transformers and input impedance of my amplifier is exactly 10K. Is it advisable to lower the impedance to 5-7K or is this only needed with chinese transformers?
You do not need to reduce impedance.

where i can find a mounting plan?
Another qustion: i bought a pcb from a user on this forum. But he not supplied me resistor network pcb. Is there a way to Mount resistor network without dedicated pcb (on the dac pcb)?
Mounting plan is not available. Give me a few days and I will post it on puredsd.ru.
The PCB resistors I have are in great abundance. I can send you.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Attention guys I don't hear any kind of pop click using abraxalito 4th passive filter when I change formats between DSD & PCM or viceversa, only a pop when power on I guess because I don't use a bleeder resistor after the output capacitor. Attached schematic.

Attachments

• 50 ohm characteristic impedance 4th order low pass filter.png
    50 ohm characteristic impedance 4th order low pass filter.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 603
If someone is interested, i have found a supplier that has in stock the phlips 74AHCT595.

They are recommended over new nexperia / ti.

The problem is i have a quote for 100pcs and i need 20.

If someone want to share a quote on the lot, i can arrange all the shipments and payments.

Let me know

:)

If someone is interested, i have found a supplier that has in stock the phlips 74AHCT595.

They are recommended over new nexperia / ti.

The problem is i have a quote for 100pcs and i need 20.

If someone want to share a quote on the lot, i can arrange all the shipments and payments.

Let me know

:)

Count me in gionag ! Pm with details if you want to proceed right away

Cheers
Pepe